Chapter 10

|| Adriana's POV ||

Christmas was just around the corner and everything between me and Gabriel was going great.

Only thing is, he still didn't know about my real life.

My background, my living situations, my prostitution.

I planned on telling him after the dinner but I just couldn't because I'd already lied about it.

I've been taking Joaquín to the park lately to play since he's made a new friend, Lucas, that lives on the top floor of the building.

Ignoring the cold weather, I slip on a tight fitted, aqua dress and some white heels.

I've been skipping a lot of days so money was getting tight around here.

Most nights when I would fall asleep on the phone with Gabriel, I'd forget about "work".

I turned the Tv off and carried Joaquín into the bedroom since I knew I would crash on the couch when I got back.

Once I grabbed my purse and fur white vest, I left out.

I went in the direction of my usual spot where Maria was there waiting.

"Hey girl, when you been!? You've deadass been missing out on all this holiday money they've basically been handing out." She rubbed the holiday money part all in my face.

"Sis, I've been caught up on this man I've been talking to for a while now, I'm really digging him." I said adjusting my clothes as a breeze passes.

"You? Talking to a man? Like, talking as in dating? Hahahaha" Tears were practically coming out of her eyes from the laughter.

Me on the other hand didn't find anything funny.

"I don't get it." I rolled my eyes.

She continued laughing until she noticed my stern look.

"Oh, you really don't get it?" She paused.

I just replied with a "duh" face.

She huffed before she began talking.

"We're prostitutes. People like us don't get real men. We get real money. Keep your head in the game mami, you don't need to he getting caught up. Just worry about this money.

I could feel tears began to form but I blink them away.

"Keep that same energy when you see me happy. I hate this lifestyle. You know why I do it. How dare you say "people like us" the fuck does that mean? What we do doesn't make us less human. People like you, Maria, don't get real men because you wont allow yourself to. Now let that sink in." I crossed my arms and turned away walking towards the next corner not wanting to see her anymore.

"Adriana wait!" Maria called out for me but I ignored her.

About ten minutes later a women and a man pulled up.

After honking the horn and signaling me to come over I walk over to the car.

"You looking good babe, you mind if me and my wife take a look at you in bed?" He smirked as his "wife" just licked her lips.

"$500" I drop the act and get to business.

They take a look at each other before the wife said "deal."

We drove for a little bit, not too long until we pulled up to a house.

"We're here!" The husband said excitedly.