Chapter 8

Recap:

"You're crazy!" I laugh before even realising what I'm saying; and to whom.

Thankfully though, she doesn't even bat an eyelid. "That I am. Welcome to my world of craziness. Congrats! You're in."

First Date (Part 1)

Someone's shaking me.

"Eurgh. Go away Em!" I groan and roll over.

"Rose!" Strange, she never calls me Rose...? And her voice sounds kinda masculine...

"Cut it out Em! I'm tired!" I sigh regardless, keeping my eyes tightly shut.

"Eurgh. You asked for it-" the next thing I know, I'm lying on the floor wrapped up in my sheet. I wake with a start and find myself in a room that's not my bedroom...? Oh yes! I remember everything now. Wait, so if it's not Em, who just woke me? It can't be Courtney or Lily as they'd never chuck me onto the floor.

I look up to see Stefan leaning over the edge of the bed, looking down at me. I scowl up at him as he laughs. "Morning sunshine!" He chirps between his laughter.

It's been just over a month since I arrived, so now it's mid April. It's been a pretty easy going few weeks, a lot of free time in the grand scheme. There have been some courses we've attended on etiquette and manners, some 'bonding' activities for us girls to have fun and promote us working together, and even some lessons on history and how to be queen. Crazy, thought I'd escaped school.

True to his word, Dylan has been a good friend to me here. Whenever he can, he'll come find me and do something to keep me company. Sometimes it's just us, other times Lexi and or Stefan join. And so, true to my word, I've given this more of a chance that I was originally planning...

And I've actually been pleasantly surprised! Stefan is.... Stefan. I don't know how else to describe him. He's a true gentlemen and I've found myself actually enjoying myself when he's around. I've grown used to a constant fluttering in my stomach when he's around... I often even catch myself thinking about him when I'm alone.

But anyway, back to the matter at hand.

"Eurgh. You sure know how to wake a lady!" I grumble but underneath, my hearts racing. Why's he in my room?

"Here." He crawls off the bed and stands over me, offering a hand to pull me up.

I reach up and grasp his hand and, an innocent smile plastered on my face, before yanking as hard as I can. He lets out a surprised gasp and I laugh as he comes falling to the floor with me. He lands beside me with a thump and I worry perhaps that he may have been hurt-at least I was wrapped up on the duvet... But when he looks up, I know he's fine and I let out a sigh of relief.

"You! You evil little-"

"Amazing burst of specialness. I know!" I chirp cutting him off, smirking. He opens his eyes wide and opens his mouth to protest but ends up just laughing.

"So that's how you wanna play it huh?" He asks smoothly. It sends goosebumps all up my spine and arms, and I shiver involuntarily. He turns on his side, swinging a leg over me so he's knelt on both knees practically straddling me, leant over me. His face is so near to mine I can feel his breath on my face.

Suddenly, without warning, he brings his hands to my waist and starts to wiggle his fingers. I gasp and try not to scream out; trapped beneath his body there's nowhere for me to roll away to. Tickling is a particularly big weakness of mine. He continues and I just can't hold it in anymore. I must have lasted what, 2 minutes? Not even that.

"Ah-ha! So you're ticklish hey?" He notes.

"I-I'm sorry! S-s-ahhhh! Stop please!" I pant between laughter.