Chapter 17

** DANTE VINO POV **

"Princess... it's time to wake up now." Angelo pleaded to the unconscious girl. "Come On Princess... wake up."

Angelo hasn't been himself around the little vixen, his usual rude attitude evaporating whenever he was in her presence. After Angelo fucked up again, I carried her out of the limousine, I sat with her for the 11 hour flight, just in case anything happened.

The entire flight, Angelo wouldn't shut up about how bad he felt for overdosing her twice within 24 hours. He kept trying to take care of her, but I wouldn't let him near her. I even threatened to throw him off the damn plane because his persistence was getting on my nerves. He had one job... one fucking job that he managed to fuck up twice.

"Shhh! Leave her alone." Giana scolded my little brother as she walked into the room.

We've been waiting for her to wake up for hours. This is a waste of my time, but for some reason I felt compelled to know if she was okay. 

Her intelligence will be an asset to my Mafia... I think as I justify the concern I felt for the little vixen. Granted, I despised her for stealing from my family, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't impressed with her skill. 

"This is preposterous." I finally stated, breaking the awkward silence in the room. 

I walked into the bathroom, grabbed a bucket from under the sink, and filled it with cold water. I casually walked over to the side of her bed and dumped the entire bucket on her face before Giana could verbalize her protest.

The little vixen shot up out of her bed immediately, her wide hazel eyes brightening up the room. Her white shirt was now completely see through, revealing her full breasts underneath. My body tensed at the sight. The clothes I saw her in hardly did her body any justice.

"She's ALIVEEEE!" Angelo screamed as he stood up a shook both of his fists in the air dramatically as she was Frankenstein, his childish antics revealing themselves yet again. It's as if his brain stopped functioning even more that it usually does when he's around her.

She grabbed the nearest pillow, and threw it at his face. I couldn't help the slight smile on my face as her pillow met it's target, silencing my annoying brother.

"Was the water really necessary?" She asked as she hugged herself and shivered.

"You were unconscious for 15 hours. We thought you died. Too bad you didn't." I shrugged as I placed the bucket down.

"Dante! Your mother would be appalled hearing you talk to a woman like that!" Giana snapped at me. That woman is the most intimidating woman in the entire fucking family.

"Auntie, I was talking to a child, not a woman." I said bravely as I shot the little vixen a look with my eyebrow raised. Her face contorted into a scowl. It was amusing to see such a petite, innocent looking girl have such a menacing look on her face.

"Please, continue talking about me as if I'm not here. It's my absolute favorite." She said rolling her eyes, the habit of hers that annoys me beyond belief.

"Honey, how are you feeling?" Giana asked her with sympathy lacing her voice.

"Nauseous, dizzy, the usual." She shrugged.

At least she isn't dead.

"I broke scouts honor. I'm sorry Rebel." Angelo said as he looked down at his white socks and put his hands into the pockets of his jeans. His head snapped up as if he just thought of an idea.

"But it won't happen again! Pinky promise!" He said, leaning forward and extending out his pinky to her with a determined look on his face, his lower lip slightly pouting as if he was a dog begging for a treat.