Pompous Pricks.

Breathe.

Letting out a steady exhale, the leader gazed carefully at his surroundings. It was all quiet, no other sounds to be heard but the ones made by nature, and careful hoof steps stepping into mud and walking over soft grass. Namjoon had led the group in the direction of more clues, yet not a single other human soul was found.

At the moment, Jungkook thought that the search in this direction was beginning to get pointless. Yoongi was tired and gave his best shot not to fall asleep on his horse, while Taehyung had been questioning his life and all of the decisions made within it. The rest of the following guards had only been daydreaming into space, or at least attempting to find anything else.

Well this was fuken boring.

-"...Anything yet?"

-"Nope."

-"Holy mother of pagans."

Sighing softly, Jungkook tilted his head back and groaned with annoyance; the search was utterly useless. He was expecting brave battles where he could show off his skills as he'd then rescue Hoseok, and carry him away on a horse. Then, as soon as he'd reach the castle, the whole kingdom would be waiting for him, throwing flowers and confetti at him. 'In the celebration of a hero!' He wanted to hear, then the whole Empire screaming out his name.

Maybe then he'd manage to overthrow Jimin and take his place. Heck, even Bang Si-Hyuk could become his new father. How cool would that be!? King Jeon Jungkook. The thought of such thing made him boil up with excitement, almost trembling on his armoured horse. Heck, even Sarang (the mare he's riding) could get new armour. She could get a golden set. Her stable would be made of pure gold, and she'd show off in front of all other horses. She'd be the Queen of stallions and mares...

-"...You okay?"

-"Huh- me? Yeah. I'm okay."

He couldn't really see it, but under the helmet, Yoongi was raising them eyebrows pretty high. "What were you thinking about?" He asked with a hint of curiosity in his voice, directing his gaze in front of himself again.

"UHHHHHHHHHH- well- uh..." Coughing awkwardly, the maknae looked down for a second, attempting to think of something quickly. He couldn't tell his hyungs about his fantasies- they'd consider him bloody insane. What true friend would ever want to steal Jimin's throne? It's a greedy thing to think about-

-"He's probably thinking of overthrowing Jimin or something."

-"TaEHYUNgfuCKYoU-"

The group of guards bursts into booming laughter, amused by the right prediction of the youngster's thoughts. Kook certainly wasn't expecting them to actually laugh, but the reaction seemed good enough. At least they weren't calling him a traitor. It wasn't as if he was one anyway... He knew well that he had no chances, and he wasn't even going to try. Jimin was going to be a good King, that was for sure.

"Don't worry. We wish we'd be able to overthrow him too." Taehyung added with a snicker, following close behind Namjoon.

Yoongi, with a little chuckle, then directed his horse to walk closer to Jungkook's. "If I'd be King, I'd just make better beds to be honest. I bloody hate the guard dorms."

"Oh, yeah-" Another guard behind them agreed, nodding quickly. "I gotta have the bottom bunk bed beside Minwoo's. It's a pain."

"It's good he ain't here then, eh?" Yet another fellow guard spoke out, and the whole group agreed.

The only one who wasn't engaged into the conversation was Namjoon. He was starting to get irritated by the loud chatter, and his heart sped up; thumping against his ribcage rather harshly. He sensed that something wasn't right. He felt watched, he felt insecure... Like he was the prey. What made him feel like this? Nothing was around. He was safe as long as he stuck to the group and led them in the right direction.