Chapter 44: Endings

"Parting is such sweet sorrow."

                     -William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

Your eyes slowly blinked open, your body beginning to stretch as you slowly sat up from your sleeping place beside Drake.

It had been three days since you left the boys in the cave, you and Drake sat out on your own, leaving Grace with them, as you knew the trip would be too dangerous for a two year old.

Drake slowly stirred from beside you, huffing out a breath as his icy blue eyes opened, and his tail began to swish behind him.

You stood up, grabbing your h/l, h/c hair and pulling it out of your face.

Over the last three days, you came to depend on Drake alot, he would kill your meals and even cook them for you, although sometimes he would burn them on accident. Being a dragon, his body was naturally warm, so he would use his wings as a blanket for you during the night. The two of you had bonded greatly on this trip, and the fresh air had cleared your head on alot of things.

You missed the boys.

You missed Namjoon's dimples, you missed Jimin's smile, you missed Hoseok's laugh, you missed Taehyung's calmness, you missedJungkook's stupid jokes, you missed Yoongi's sassy attitude, you even missed Jin's flirting.

You released a heavy sigh.

How were you supposed to choose between them? Each one of them brought something unique and special to the table. Each one of them changed your life in different ways. If you were being honest, you could definitely say that before you arrived here, you weren't the best person, you had your flaws. Being here, getting to know those boys....it changed you in ways you didn't think possible.

The memories you made here would always be with you, you would always hold them close to your heart.

You wished you didn't have to choose, you wished that there was some way to have someone make the decision for you, but sadly, that wasn't possible....The choice was yours, and you knew that making them wait wasn't fair.

You had to choose.

You met Taehyung first. You remembered the way his lavender eyes studied you and watched you carefully as you stood awkwardly in his library. Looking back on that day, you couldn't help but chuckle. You were so naive to the world around you, you had no idea what was going to happen.

"Do you like cake?"

A smiled spread across your lips as you recalled his curious question, to this day you didn't understand why he thought that would be the best conversation starter, but in the long run, it didn't really matter.

You also remembered the day by the creek, when he yelled at you for kissing Namjoon. The was when you learned of his feelings for you.

Taehyung had always looked after you, since the beginning.

He had changed since you arrived. He no longer cared if he was the smartest man alive, he grew to care about others and their welfare.....He had grown into a great king.

When you first met Jungkook, you were in awe of his beauty. The golden armor he wore caught your attention instantly. You remembered the way he smiled at you. You would have never guessed that he would have become your best friend over such a small amount of time, but he did...Actually he became more than that.

Jin was definitely a headcase when you met him, he was arrogant and cocky and full of himself. He flirted with everything in a dress and constantly made advances on you like there was no tomorrow....