Chapter Thirteen

Warning for alcohol ahead!

Chapter Thirteen

            Knock knock knock!

"(y/n)! are you in there? if you don't wake up right now, I'm coming in there," came a whisper-yell from outside your door. You groggily opened your eyes and tossed the covers off your body. Just as you were about to get up, Don opened the door excitedly and closed it behind him. His actions made you a little nervous, so with that, you woke up fully and sat up.

"Don, what is it?"

"Alcohol!" was all he said as he held up two bottles of what was definitely vodka. You rubbed your eyes and blinked a few times.

"Alcohol?"

"Yes! Someone left a few bottles in my room. Or maybe the higherups knew I wanted it? Whatever. You said we'd drink together, let's find some shot glasses!" He walked back towards your door.

"Anyone else joining us?" you asked.

"Nah, that takes the fun out. This is secret drinking, we don't want to get caught."

"Why... would it matter?" you asked.

"You don't want everyone knowing your drunk!" he laughed. "I'm just playing. Vodka just tastes better when it's against the rules. You still in?"

"Yeah, totally," you smiled. Getting a little drunk would be fun. The two of you entered the kitchen. It was weird to be roaming the house with most of the lights off.

"Is everyone in bed?"

"Yeah, I waited until everyone was sleeping to add to the 'teenage-rebellion' vibe," he explained.

"But we aren't teenagers?" you pointed out.

"Would it kill you to pretend, (y/n)? sheesh, sounds like you were a stick in the mud during high school, huh?" he asked while searching the cabinets for shot glasses.

"No, I wasn't! besides, you're the one who wants to drink alone!"

"I'm not alone! You're here. To be honest, you're the one I feel most comfortable around," Don admitted.

"Really?" you were surprised. You still felt pretty neutral about Don since the two of you didn't hang out much.

"Yeah, everyone else is kinda weird. And... fascinated with someone," He said contemplatively but not subtly. He poured two shots.

"If you're talking about me, that's not fair! I'm just friendly. And I wouldn't call them fascinated." You defended yourself.

"Whatever you say, dude. Bottoms up!" he said while kicking his head back. You laughed at the grimace he made before drinking your own.

"Don... we forgot chasers," you sputtered out. You can handle a drink, but the aftertaste can be harsh. It really had been a while since the last time you had anything to drink, now that you thought about it. You could feel the alcohol settle. It was almost weird that a houseful of adults didn't have alcohol on the regular

"I know... I know. Let's see if there's any cokes in the fridge," He laughed out. He was right about alcohol being more fun when it 'wasn't allowed,' the secrecy of it all added an extra kick in a way. Don was successful in finding some soda to wash away the grossness of vodka's distinct sharpie taste.

"Why couldn't they give you something like fireball?" you complained while pouring the next round and settling on the kitchen floor.

"Ew, you like fireball? (y/n), you have no taste. That shit is way too sweet and it burns like hell!" He laughed before sitting by you.