Day 10: Reveal

December 10th

When Midoriya came to class today, he had the dorkiest smile, and it had never ceased. Ever since the kiss, it was like Todoroki’s lips had knocked Midoriya’s into a different swing. Midoriya felt so bubbly, and his heart skipped a beat every time he thought about him.

Midoriya wrote an excessive five pages about Todoroki, rather than the three pages that were required. Todoroki decided on writing about Midoriya, and they spent the rest of the night working on those papers and tossing compliments back and forth. Midoriya showed Todoroki all thirteen of his hero journals, upon his request. It was embarrassing, but Todoroki really liked them, so it didn’t matter.

He wanted more than anything to throw his arms around him and kiss him at the moment, but it was the middle of class. Neither had told anybody about what was between them yet, and it was only a matter of time.

Midoriya was a lot more clumsy today. He kept walking smack dab into walls or tables, and he’d try and push sliding doors. He was all smiley and goofy today. He even wasn’t paying very much attention in class.

As for Todoroki, he appeared to be in much of a better mood. He’d compliment people as he was strolling down the halls, and he’d smile at the sight of Midoriya.

Class 1-A was wondering if this was a complete prank. They all knew that Midoriya was already clumsy and silly, but not to this extent. Todoroki wasn’t ever happy, either.

Were the two connected in some way?

When the bell rang, Midoriya was speed-packing his things away in his yellow backpack to see Todoroki sooner. He lifted his eyes to find Todoroki and he slung his backpack over his shoulder, only to be greeted with Uraraka standing right in front of him.

“We’re worried about you, Deku. You’ve really been scaring us this past week. Why have you been looking so happy? Did All Might say something?”

Midoriya shook his head. “No, it’s not that, I just-”

“Wait. Todoroki’s been pretty happy, too! What happened, Deku?” Her lips curled into a smirk, and she prodded him.

Speak of the devil, Todoroki moved past Uraraka to sling his arm around Midoriya. “Hey,” he greeted.

“Oh, hey, Shouto!” Izuku’s cheeks turned completely red, giving himself away to Uraraka’s suspicions.

“You’re hiding something,” she concluded. “Both of you are.”

Todoroki calmly met her gaze. “Hiding anything wasn't our intention.” That was something Midoriya admired quite a lot about Todoroki. He could keep his cool. Even if that meant he caught on fire at times.

Uraraka whined, and bounced on her heels. “Then tell me why you both are acting different. Todoroki, I've never seen you look even remotely happy before.”

Midoriya piped up this time. “We kind of.. had a moment where we put voice to all our thoughts.” He felt embarrassed. He couldn't just say, ‘Oh yeah, Todoroki and I kissed’, because then Uraraka would assume they were dating. He hadn't ever dated anyone, other than Uraraka for about a week. They did like each other, but decided they liked things better when they were friends.

He figured that to date, it involved discussing about it. Did Todoroki even want to date him? Was Todoroki kissing him yesterday as a friend? He was reading way too much into this.

Uraraka laughed. “Deku, it's not that hard to say that he's your boyfriend.”

Izuku was too busy sputtering and blushing to see Todoroki’s shoulder engulfed in flames. He was lucky enough to be on his right side.

“You two totally like each other! Get a room!” Uraraka snickered. “I have to tell everyone about this.” She adjusted her backpack. “I'll be right back.”

Midoriya was honestly surprised. She ran just as fast as Iida could, right out of the classroom.

And now he was alone with Todoroki.

He felt like this was one of those awkward times where someone asks, ‘So? How's the weather?’ but he didn't want Todoroki to stop liking him if he said that. Just in case Todoroki was allergic to his stupidity.

“So? How's the weather?” Todoroki asked.

Holy shit. He was in love with him.

“Um- I- I just-” he sputtered, “I'm sorry about Uraraka, she kind of has known about, uh.. my feelings for you,” he mumbled the last part.

Todoroki cupped his cheek, lightly freezing it. Not to the point where ice began to form, but just enough so that Midoriya’s face wouldn't burn so much. He thought his blush was cute anyway, nonetheless.

“I don't mind. You don't have to feel so nervous around me.”

Midoriya leaned into Todoroki’s side. “I can't help it. I get so many butterflies if I even look at you.” It was cheesy, but true.

“I do, too,” Todoroki admitted, bringing him even closer.

“Shouto, your uniform is burnt. On the shoulder.” Midoriya pointed to the scorched fabric. His shoulder remained exposed.

“It's okay. This isn't my only one.” Todoroki brushed it off like it was nothing.

“You say that so casually.” Midoriya smiled warmly, hugging even closer to Todoroki.

Midoriya felt the sensation of being lifted into the air. He let out a surprised gasp, but then realized that Todoroki had simply picked him up. He was cradling him in his arms.

His dorky smile got impossibly goofier. He blushed again, and rested his head against his shoulder, looping his arms around his neck.

Midoriya connected their lips, which Todoroki happily obliged to. “Let's go back to the dorms. I'm kind of exhausted from classes.”

“Sure. Izuku, would you want to go out with me tomorrow?”

Todoroki was now looking right at him, even though he had begun to walk.

“Huh?” Izuku squeaked. Did he hear Todoroki right?

“A date tomorrow?” Todoroki repeated, rephrasing as if Midoriya would understand more easily.

“Yes.” Midoriya nodded quickly. “Absolutely.”

As Midoriya would come to find out, Todoroki was planning a surprise date. He wouldn't give him any details, despite all the times Midoriya had asked.

Even so, he knew he was going to have the best time of his life.