Chapter 6

After a while I heard sirens. Okay seriously,the police needs to stop following me..
Jughead and Archie came back. They got out of the car.

"Who called the police?!" Toni said angrily.

"I did! But we all need to go now!!" Archie yelled.

"Let's get out of here!" Jughead also yelled.

Sweet Pea grabbed my hand and he got on to his bike. I stood still for a second.

"Grace! Come on!" he said. I didn't really had another choice. I got on and we left.

-

I was sitting on my bed, playing a stupid game on my phone because I was bored to death. Betty burst into the room.

"You scared the shit out of me! Try knocking the door next time Betty" I said and took a shaky breath.

"remember when I told you that the 'Sugarman' is in jail now?" Betty said freaking out.

"yeah, Jughead's english teacher at Southside High..what happened?" I said.

"he is dead.The Black Hood, somehow, shot him through the bars of his jail cell." Betty said.

"what?! That's impossible! How could the Black Hood get in there? Where was the security?" I asked and turned off my phone.

"I have no idea, that's what I'm trying to figure out." Betty said as she was walking in circles.

"can I ask you something?" I said and Betty frowned her eyebrows.
"how are things between you and Jug?" I asked and smiled.

"we are good, actually...I love him so much and made a decision." she said nervously.

"Oh Elizabeth..Don't tell me you are g-"

"I'm want to be a Serpent."
-
later at night

I was thirsty, so I went down the kitchen to grab a water bottle. Hal was reading his newspaper but once he saw me, he was watching every move I made. Alice was on her laptop and she didn't even realized I was there.

I grabbed 2 water bottles and went upstairs again.

I knocked Betty's door. She opened it and nodded so I could come in. She was talking with someone on the phone.

"Ronnie, just go" Betty talked quietly in the phone.

"what's happening?" I asked Betty looking at her in confusion.

"Veronica is at Kevin's for a sleepover and she is searching the house for evidence. Sherriff might be the black hood or he is just having a secret relationship. or both." Betty whispered to me.

I just nodded and chuckled at how weird my friends are. Sheriff Keller could be having a secret relationship,yes. But him being the Black Hood? Not a chance.

I looked out of the window, at the Andrews house. Archie got out of the house and got into his dad's truck. That's weird. Where is he going?  But that's not my business.

Anyway, back to Betty and Ronnie.

"okay, text me if anything happens" Betty said and ended the call with Veronica.

"So, Mr.Keller is just keeping himself fit by working out at his basement. Maybe we are wrong" Betty said sadly.

"Dont be disappointed Betty. Veronica is there only a couple hours.." I said and gave her a little smile.

-
the next day

My phone started ringing. I was annoyed by the fact that I had to get out if my comfy bed to pick it up.

"hello?" I said and yawned.

"hey, Grace.."  I smiled when I heard my brother's voice.

"hi Jug..What's up?"

"I just called you to make sure you're okay..We haven't talked since yesterday morning"

"I'm fine, Jug.How are you?"

"I'm good. See ya later?"

"yeah" I said and smiled.

-
I arrived at Pop's and walked inside. Josie and Cheryl in one booth, Betty and Veronica in another, and Archie and Jughead in a third. I waved at Jughead and he smiled at me.

I sat next to Betty. "Any new evidence?" I asked and looked at both of them.

"This morning, I got into the Sheriff's home office, where I found a black hood in a drawer. After that, me and my dad went to talk to him. Mr.Keller said that the black hood I found, was Archie's, from that day they searched his locker. But I wanst convinced. So me and V, followed Sheriff, on one of his late-night mystery drives to a local motel and guess what. He has an secret affair with Major McCoy!" Betty said quietly, so no one else could hear.

"Are you serious?!" I said shocked.

"yes! But Kevin and Josie don't know anything and we shouldn't tell them!" Veronica whispered, because Josie was literally sitting to the table next to us with Cheryl.

"fine" I said and sighed. "I'll go to Jughead for a sec", I said and walked towards the other table.
When they saw me, they stopped chatting immediately.

"hi" Archie said and smiled.
I sat next to Jughead. We talked for a couple of minutes but Jughead had something important to do so he left.

Just as Juggie leaves, the diner’s phone rings. I already knew who’s on the other end of the line. The Black Hood. Pop's hands were shaking as he lets the phone down.

"What did he say?!" Cheryl asked and her voice cracked.

"They’ve failed the test, sinners all. Now, the reckoning is upon us." Pop says and looked at us with fear in his eyes.

I looked at Archie who was already looking at me. I was scared like everyone else. Archie wrapped his arms around me as I started blankly out if the window.

-
I walked into the Whyte Wyrm with Betty. Everybody's eyes landed on me. They knew Betty, but I wasn't going there very often.

Betty and I, found Sweet Pea, Fans and Toni. We all sat at the little bar.

-

more scenes with Sweet Pea and Grace are coming. Keep reading :)