Vol 4 Chap 109

XH 109

When Yang Ling saw Xiao Hua making her way towards the Summer Courtyard's pavilion, where he and the princess could be found debating about what kind of peanuts tasted best, he wanted to jump out from his seat and demanded answers from her.

But his idea was quick to toss away when he saw the Third Prince walking beside Xiao Hua.

Yang Ling: '...' She should be bringing his bow, not the evil Third Prince! Σ(°△°|||)︴

"Third brother," Long Lian stood up and warmly greeted. "Welcome home."

The Third Prince nodded with a gentle smile. "I've bought gifts for you. An Jing will put them in your carriage."

Long Lian radiated joy upon hearing the word 'gifts'. "Thank you, third brother."

The pair of gentle eyes immediately turned into indifference when it landed on Yang Ling. The archery fanatic boy felt as he was a defenceless prey that a great devil had picked as his next victim.

"Oh? You are here as well?" The Third Prince looked genuinely shocked at Yang Ling's presence.

Had Yang Ling not know that the Third Prince knew about his arrival earlier thanks to a large number of servants that had seen him entering the residence earlier, he would have believed his act! The Third Prince also knew when anyone enters or leave his residence thanks to his large amount of inner energy.

"I'm not leaving until I get back Flaming bow!" Yang Ling declared. "I will stick next to you! Wherever you go, I go! Whatever you eat, I eat! When you go to bath and sleep, I will be there too!"

Xiao Hua: '...' What to do, this young lady looks forward to the two last scenarios!

Luckily for the new couple, one of them was sane and unruffled from Yang Ling's crude threats.

The Third Prince's smile was gentle as he innocently asked, "You wish to stay with this prince?"

Despite it was a harmless question, Yang Ling felt nothing but threat underneath it!

Yang Ling: '...' This Lord forgot he's a devil!

"...If...If you did not return my bow, I will stick to Xiao Hua instead!"

Xiao Hua: '...' Why did you pull this innocent bystander in?!

A heavy swing of a polished sword had Yang Ling gotten out of his seat with a low roll.

"Princess, don't swing your sword at me!" Yang Ling cried out as soon as he gets back to his feet. "What happens if my beautiful face got harmed and then your third brother discards me? He only keeps good looking people around him!"

Xiao Hua trembled in excitement. That line... the perfect white lotus line when the cannon fodder defending his own wrongdoings from the female lead by being shamelessly announcing the male lead's affection towards him!

She broke out from her delusional fantasies when she sensed bloodlust coming from beside her. Glancing at the Third Prince beside her, Xiao Hua confirmed that line not only pissed off the 'female lead' but also the 'male lead' that was conveniently used as a crutch to help the white lotus to proclaim his innocence!

Classmate Yang Ling, this young lady does not know whether to praise you for your bravery or shake my head for your seeking death talent!

"Throw him out," the Third Prince mercilessly ordered.

"You stole my beloved, you villain!" Yang Ling cried out in anguish that would have earned him an Oscar acting award. Duan Xi Ying and Da Bei each grabbed one of Yang Ling's arms and dragged him out of the courtyard, with their victim trying to drag his feet to stop them.