F I F T Y E I G H T

- Narrator's POV -

Sunlight filtered in.

Juliet and Alex were both undressed, under the white blankets, wrapped around each other, sound asleep.

Then that stupid alarm clock rang at six in the morning, and pissed Juliet off. She growled and slammed the alarm shut aggressively, and it didn't utter another squeak.

It woke Alex up and his mouth lazily quirked up in a smile as she went back to his arms. "Poor clock," he mumbled, eyes still closed.

"Poor Juliet," she muttered, and nestled closer to him. There was something about this moment that made Juliet smile on the inside. A quiet day - warm light - skin on skin - Alex next to her. She was the kind of person who craved physical contact to make sure her insecurity stayed at bay and also because it was nice and warm and endearing and just -

Alex idly stroked her arm, and she pressed a soft kiss to his neck.

They had lain like that for quite some time, until Alex slowly started getting up. Juliet whined, "come back."

"I need to wake up," Alex said. "Take a bath. Exercise. Study a little chemistry. Maybe light reading."

Juliet blinked at him under her hooded eyes. "Study chesmitry? Why bother when I can show you chemistry myself."

He grinned at her in a way that said you're so perverted and horny - I love it. "Not that kind of chemsitry, Jules."

She huffed, "If you don't come back this instant, then I won't make you baked broccoli anymore."

He paused, the blanket on the edge of slipping away and displaying his cute behind. "That's blackmail."

Juliet fluttered her eyelashes. "Your point?"

He sighed, "I guess no broccoli."

"No," she suddenly protested, "I like making you broccoli. It makes me feel like the world best chef." 

He loosed a chuckle. "Jules. Just get out of bed."

"But." She buried her face into the pillows, her hands above her head and tangled in her own blonde hair. She inhaled deeply and sighed, "sleep."

For a second, Alex went blank as he saw this beautiful girl in her bed, naked and buried into the pillows, asking him to not leave her. He felt so lucky. This wickedly intelligent, funny, beautiful girl was all his to practise his flirting on, to cuddle, to glare at, to make fun of. Alex just couldn't resist a Juliet cuddled up in blankets and pillows, so he slid back into bed and pulled her to him, wrapping his arms around her. The muscles on his back flexed.

Juliet smiled smugly as she hugged him back and looked like she was going to go back to sleep. But Alex pecked her lips. "Wake up."

"No."

Another peck. "Wake up."

"No."

He kissed her lips, his tongue probing for hers. "Please," he said softly, his voice deep and low and smooth and -

She shifted.

He kissed her again, his hand lazily stroking her bare back, up and down. Up to her shoulder blades, and down to her behind.

She shivered, and opened her eyes to see his brown ones. "I've taught you too much," she breathed.

He smirked triumphantly, "completely your fault, my love."

Juliet exploded with happiness on the inside when her called her my love, but she just sighed, "fine. I'll wake up. But you're carrying me to the shower."