Chapter 1

"U up for pvps rn?"

Again? When was the last time we marched out and did some quests? Although, who can blame them?

Ever since the betting system was added people had gone wild. Player versus player was popular even before but now when you can put money on whatever player you think is going to win... Lets just say every other feature is as good as dead.

I sent them a quick reply and tiptoed to my room so I wouldn't wake Mom after taking my late night glass of water. What can I say? I can't sleep and PvP gives good money. I didn't have to worry about waking Scouter since he had been snoring on my bed for the past hour. I swear, he could sleep past an earthquake.

The water felt cold in my throat as I felt it linger in my system. The computer was turned on by the press of a button with my big toe and soon enough, I was in.

I adjusted my mic that sits on my headset and called my friends. They answered almost immediately.

"Heeeey!" Ammonal slurred. Drunk probably.

"Are you drunk again?" Yosu and Enez laughed at their friend. I joined with a roll of my eyes. These guys, I swear to God.

"You could tell from just one word!?" Ammonal seemed genuinely surprised that we noticed. Maybe if it was someone else they would pass it off with a shrug of their shoulders, but we all talk literally everyday (or night). Everyone's voices are glued into our brains wether we like it or not.

"We talk to much." Ammonal added. Everyone hummed in agreement and then we laughed and soon the game was on.

"I'm gonna leave too, school you know." Enez spoke with a slight yawn, as if to prove just how tired he was. I rubbed my chin on my knee that I had propped up and hummed to him in a reply.

"Bye." Atlas who wasn't a total douche like me gave Enez a verbal reply. I joined in and gave Enez a, "bye" of my own.

"Later nerds." Thanks, man.

"Shouldn't you also leave Lancer? At least get in a few hours sleep." I nibbled on my lip and gave the clock a bored glance while killing an enemy. Almost no people were logged in now so PvPs were a no-no.

"Nah, I'm good." I yawned, ops. "Also, you can call me Spencer now y'know." Atlas- or Evan in this case, chuckled softly at his forgetfulness. Evan's one of the few individuals- or actually- ONLY individual that I play with and also know in real life, I even go to school with him. Even I forget to call him Evan sometimes.

"Sorry, Spencer." He empathised playfully which brought a smile to my face. Or maybe I'm just being silly and smiling at literally nothing. Maybe I really should get some shut eye.

"I feel bad for leaving you, but I have to go now I have-"

"-An important test, I know." I interrupted Evan like the dick I am and stared glumly into the screen. Why was I always the last one leaving the call? Maybe I really do have serious sleeping issues? Ah, whatever.

It was silent for a bit. I could tell Evan was choosing carefully what to say. Sure, I had been snappy these last few days but it's not like I'm going to bite him. Plus, he's like ten minutes away and I'm way to lazy to get my ass up and ride my bike to him. Why's he so scared? Geez.

"...You have a test too, Spencer. Did you study?"

"Kinda."

"Kinda?"

"Yeah."

Kinda, also known as, I read through it the lesson our teacher assigned it to us and then I haven't touched it since. Yay.