Epilogue - part 1

The day felt magical.

The pink peonies decorating the venue, the happy chatter of friends and family and the feeling of pure love in the air.

Carter's hands shook out of anticipation as the final pin was placed in her hair. She couldn't hold back the wide, toothy grin that practically spread ear-to-ear. The hairstylist found it difficult to concentrate with all the fidgeting but let it slide consorting it was her wedding day.

"Can you believe in less than five hours I'm going to be Mrs Carter Holland!" She squealed, finally standing from the chair and admiring her hair in the mirror. "It looks amazing, thank you Justin!"

He gave her a smile and quickly started on Lizzie's hair - the maid of honour had to be perfect too.

"You're makeup looks beautiful, you're going to be stunning!" Squealed Phoebe, Harry's girlfriend of a year that Carter had grown closer to.

"Thank you, god I'm so nervous. What if I trip?." Carter breathed as she smoothed out her pink silk robe before picking up her glass and taking a sip of her champagne.

"To avoid that, you're only having the one glass." Nikki smiled, drinking from her own glass.

There was a knock at the door and it was pulled open a second later.

"Hello?" Tom called. He wore his navy dress pants and his white shirt that wasn't completely buttoned since it was so damn hot, though he knew Carter would kill him if he didn't button it all the way up at the ceremony.

"What are you doing?!" Nikki yelled, quickly running over to cover her son's eyes. "You know you can't see the bride before the wedding! You can't crash-"

"Mum, I'm not crashing! Carter texted me!" He laughed.

"Seriously!" Lizzie groaned from her chair. "We took your phone so you couldn't text him. When did you do it?"

"When you went to pee." She smirked before walking over to Tom who still had his eyes covered. "The girls were starting to get restless and wouldn't stop calling for him. So I figured, they can go and be with Tom and the guys for a while and then they wouldn't be causing any trouble. Then, Tom can bring them to the barn, Nikki would wait with them until I get there and then they walk down the aisle and then we get married." She smiled with a nod.

Carter placed a quick peck on Tom's lips before scooting past him to the other part of the bridal suite where the girls were happily playing with one of Tom's younger cousins.

"You're not supposed to kiss him before the wedding!" Lizzie yelled with a laugh.

"I'm not complaining."

"Don't encourage her, Tom."

"Hey baby girls!" She squealed, making them turn around to look at Carter. Luna quickly pushed herself up and toddled over to her mom while Rory took her time as she wasn't as sure as her sister.

"Mama, mama!" Luna yelled happily, falling into Carter's legs just as Rory reached her.

"Up!" Rory demanded, reaching up for her mom to pick her up. She complied and placed the toddler on her hip and managing to balance the other happy girl on the other.

"We're going to go see dada, okay." She smiled gleefully as she left the room and went into the hall where Tom stood with his hands at his sides with his mom's hands covering his eyes.

A smile instantly came to Tom's lips as he heard the squealing noises from his girls. "Hey there girls!" He cheered.

"Arms out," Carter said simply as she stood in front of Tom. He extended his arms and welcomed the girls as they practically flopped against his chest. "And Don't crinkle your shirt - I'll kill you."