13

Lisa's POV

"I miss you, cupcake. Don't I get a hug?" he asked, his arms wide open waiting for me to actually give what he was asking for.

My mouth left agape, my consciousness leaving me.

Never in my lifetime did I thought that Jeon Jungkook, the world's most famous kpop maknae would ever ask Lalisa Manoban a hug.

He was fucking asking for a hug.

From me. From someone like me.

"Why?" before I knew it, I was already asking. The beating of my heart slowly started calming down. 

Because I knew it. I heard this before. He pulled this trick on me before and I won't fall for it.

Not again.

I can't fall for it again.

My eyes caught how his expression changes, his face softened, and the conviction in his eyes changes. And I'm not ready for whatever he was about to say.

"No!" I exclaimed before he can even speak, my hands covering my ears, my eyes closed. I bent a little almost burying my face on my lap.

Why? Why do I always have to embarrass myself in front of him?

That's it, Lisa. You have to avoid being associate with Jungkook.

"I get it. Stop teasing me. I promise I won't intervene with-" I wasn't even done speaking yet when I felt a hand above mine. My eyes opened once again, face lifting a little,  and I saw him crouching in front of me.

He looked so soft I want to squeal.

His eyes locked with mine and I was left in a daze.

"I'm sorry," he started. He was covering my ears too but we both know I can hear every word he says. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this. I'm sorry for putting you in that situation. And I'm sorry for making you go through all that," his gaze soften and my heart stopped hammering inside my chest.

"And thank you..." he added his voice almost a whisper and my heart clenched at the sight of him. "Thank you for caring when you don't even have to. I'm not your responsibility and my problem shouldn't in any way affect you,"

I was at loss for words. Things had gone all too fast, I felt my body being lifted from my seat until he guided me towards the couch, his other hand now wrapped around my waist while the other removes mine over my ears.

And that made it even worse. Because I can hear the loud beating of my heart, my breathing became ragged as I decipher the state of my own emotion.

He must have realized as his other hand started rubbing my arms, drawing imaginary circles over my skin which effectively shuts my panic system as I started to calm down.

"Breathe, cupcake. It's fine. Everything is fine," he whispers, his voice brings melody in my ears, my eyes closing and I allow myself to indulge over his care.

He was humming to me over my silence, a melody I wasn't familiar with. Or was that one of his songs?

I didn't know why but the two of us were just there, my body leaning over his chest, his hands supporting my body while the other now settle on top of my other hand.

And I felt it, my body relaxing over his touch as he leaned his back towards the couch for support, pulling my body along with his.

I bit my lower lip at our situation.

One moment, I was ready to drown myself over the embarrassment, next moment I was here, around his arms indulging myself over luxury I shouldn't be having.

But I didn't pull back. His arms are too comfortable, so I let myself enjoy whatever this is he was up to.

I lifted my gaze for a moment to look at him and realized that his eyes were already closed, his perfectly sculpted face available for me to see.

I gulped.

The Man above heaven was unfair.

How is it possible that there is a man right here that is perfect in so many ways?

"Jungkook..." I whispered, a moan escaped his lips causing his chest to vibrate, words felt like getting stuck on my lungs.

Holy shit.

There was something bothering me though. And I won't feel at ease until I know the answer.

"Ahmm, did you go see her after that night?" I asked, my heart almost felt like hanging in my chest.

I wasn't ready. Not for his answer.

Knowing that he tried to see her after that incident would probably put me in a foul mood but it's his relationship. Whatever he does, I shouldn't be getting my hands on his decisions.

He was silent. And that made my mood drop a little.

Of course, he would. He loves her Lalisa. Pabo!

My lips quiver at the thought and I'm just thankful his eyes were still closed.

"No," he suddenly answered and if fireworks can erupt on my eyes, it probably had after sparks of hope has arisen over my chest, a smile now drawn over my face.

Knowing that he didn't let himself go after that menacing woman made me smile. I feel like a proud mom after her son won a competition.

That's how happy I am.

I didn't know the word "No", which most often connotes negativity would bring happiness within me.

Before I knew it, soft giggles escaped my lips and my other hand had to cover my mouth after, releasing his grasp.

I lifted my gaze and saw that the corner of his lips started twitching upwards.

"You're that happy?" he asked and I was startled when his hand once again reached for mine, now intertwining ours together.

Holy shit.

"Jungkook... " I called his name once again, my eyes over our now intertwined hands. Questions started arising in my head.

Stop thinking too much Lisa. This is probably nothing.

"Why did you come here?" I can't help but ask. "And why are we hugging?" my cheeks blushed at my last question but I'd probably die if I don't ask.

"Hmmm?" he answered, tilting his head closer to my direction a little, his breath hitting the back of my neck, I felt the hairs at the back of my neck all standing in shock.

"We aren't," he answered and my brows furrowed. "My arms are just around your body and you're just leaning towards me. So no, we're not hugging," he answered, his breathing now ragged and I was so sure he's starting to feel sleepy.

So I didn't ask any more questions.  My eyes also closed once again, as I savor this moment, no longer questioning the weird situation we're now in.

Just go with the flow, Lisa. Just let yourself enjoy this moment.