Chapter 2

Running's nice.

The feeling of my body working, my muscles aching and my throat going dry gets my mind off of things. It's nice. Especially after a while when I had gotten more used to it and I ended up exceeding my own expectations of myself.

My legs rounded a corner as I began jogging my way back home. School sucked today, it sucked more than usual. I would blame it on my lack of sleep but I've been through days where I've slept less and I've still managed the day totally fine. I blame player MaximumCray.

They've been on my mind all fucking day and I don't know why. Seriously, I have no clue. I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm so confused. Like yeah, we had a really great time yesterday but we just chatted. I might've laughed out loud or smiled here and there even though we only wrote to each other but that's besides the point.

I feel no anger towards MaximumCray, not at all. Actually, it's the opposite. I want to chat more, talk even. I wonder how their voice sounds? Are they even a guy? I doubt it's a girl though, but you never know, do you?

This day was just bad because I didn't pay attention at all since my mind was elsewhere, I'm probably going to fail all my subjects and my friends had to bring me back to reality several times. They think I'm going insane. Oh, heavens. So how do we solve this?

Walk with Scouter, take a shower, have fun with my Mom like a good son?

Hell nah.

I "forgot" walking Scouter, showers are overrated and the first thing I do when I log in is to check if the player MaximumCray is online. He is.

Would you like to send a private message to MaximumCray?

                                                                      No                                        Yes

Lancer01 has created a private chatroom with MaximumCray!

"Sup Maximum-" Shaking my head I change my silly message to something more "me", whatever that is.

"Hi." Debatable.

A second later, "Hi again. Did you sleep well?" I rolled my eyes at the them. Was that supposed to be funny? Well I'm grinning right now but it might be because the person I've been wondering about all day wrote something back to me but that's besides the point.

"my sarcasm indicator is going wild"

"You have one of those? Let me at 'em." 

"wtf"

"How was ur day?" Wow. Maximum just leaped over to another conversation. What the hell.

"uh good i guess wbu" This is strangely normal. I propped up my knee like I usually do. I let my chin rest on it as I waited for his reply, he really took his time on this one for some reason.

"Mine was good. What did you do today?" My fingers looped around the hair on the nape of my neck as I read his reply and question for that matter. I wrote my reply slowly with one hand as I continued to rub my skin with the other. 

"nothing much i was at school, ate something, went for a run and now i'm here" Before Maximum could write out another weird-normal question (I don't doubt it was something like 'how's the weather') my fingers flew over the keyboard in a hurry and then I slammed the enter button.

"are we seriously talkin 'bout polite normal stuff rn"

Maximum didn't answer for a bit so I added,

"You're weird Maximum."

"Max. Call me Max."

"That's not even your real name, is it?"

"Of course not. I'm guessing Lancer(Lance) isn't yours either?" I huffed out a breathy chuckle at that. True. No one would be such an oaf, having their real name. Unless they don't care, then that's another story.

"nah. Lance is to fancy."

"Yeah. Lance doesn't suit you :)" Oh. Bitch.

"Bich wanna go i can be classy, u don't know mehgj"

"Dang, chill. I'm just agreeing with you ;D" Yes you are but just shut up you smart ass.

"Btw classy and fancy aren't the same thing."

"Youre srsly looking for a broken nose man."

"How do you know I'm a man?" What? I paused to stare at the screen, how do you know I'm a man? How do I know? Gut feeling? Or is he just messing with me? Before I could reply Max wrote something out again.

"You don't know mehgj, was it? :)" I hate him.

"Fu%€  you"

"HAHAHA" I ended up laughing myself. The back of my hand met my lips as I tried to muffle away my oncoming laughter. Our conversation isn't even that funny, yet my stomach feels like it's being turned in a good way? I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. Max is just... Quirky.

It's been a while since I've felt so... Light.

"Max?"

"Hm?"

"Kys."

Lancer01 has left the private chatroom