Chapter 3

"Pass it! Pass it!" I yelled over the court. Desperate for the ball to fall into my hands as I heard my imaginable clock in my head ticking. Soon the game was going to be over and all we need is one more point to win!

My eyes stayed on the ball and I let my gut take me to the best place to stand. Luke threw the ball over some of the opponents heads and Kevin caught it, unceremoniously but nonetheless. Thank God for Luke's height. Kevin bounced the basket ball up and down as his eyes searched for me.

"Here!" I roared and in just a few seconds the ball was heading my way. The shadow from the ball made a light flicker as I eyed it closely and then it landed in my palms with a thud. Inhale, Spencer.

I ran towards the hoop with a bouncing ball by my side, there was no one who was in front of me and everyone was behind me so I could take it easy. Did that mean I would? Hell no. I ran like my life depended on it since you never know when one of the boys might get an adrenaline rush and decide to squash me.

"Go Spencer!" Kevin cheered and swatted away his bangs that had stuck to his forehead from all the sweat. The hoop was in front of me, I took a large step, and then threw it in. It's funny how silent the room went when the ball was on it's way to the hoop. Then with a thud, it landed on the wall behind the ring and then finally. It went in.

Exhale.

"Yay!" Kevin bounced just as much as the basketball and hugged me from behind as he complimented me about how good I was. I laughed at him.

"You weren't to bad yourself, Kev." Kevin snorted and slipped away from my back only to give it a firm slap afterwards. How dare you. Luke and I clasped our hands together and patted each other on the back like we usually do when we win a match. From the corner of my eyes I see Evan stiffly give his teammates a cheers-for-trying high five. Luke and I chuckle at him, what nice friends we are. Kevin didn't get what we were looking at so we just put an arm over his shoulder and shook our heads. We're so nice.

Usually Evan's with us when we do training matches like these. The whole basketball team is one whole team, duh. But Evan, Luke, Kevin and I usually just hang around with each other but there are other people on the team. We were one guy short today so our "gang" did rock paper scissors on who would be with the other half. Guess who lost.

We're totally not being rude to the other half of the team or anything by ganging up like we do. What can I say? We four just clicked.

"You guys were so good! Are you going to play against another school soon?" Oh, my apologises, we six clicked.

Paige and Mikayla trot towards us with wide smiles as they give us a thumbs up for winning. Mikayla gave Evan a sympathy pat though. Evan only sighs and shakes his head in a gesture to show that it's cool, that's my boy!

"So, burger time?" Kevin licks his lips excitedly. We may or may not have promised to take Kevin to McDonald's because being healthy is overrated. To be honest, I just want to go home, take a shower and chat with Max until I die.

Of course I can't say that though.

"You bet." I smirk and raise my brows suggestively. Mikayla giggles a little for herself while Paige just rolls her eyes and clings to Luke. Her nails graze against the bare skin of his arm and I can see how his goosebumps raise. Ooh, he has fallen. He has fallen hard.

"Shall we?" I swing my arm over my stomach so I can full fill my nonexistent butler role as I gesture to the exit. Paige gives me a 'what the fuck' look and I blink at her in confusion.

"I ain't going anywhere with you sweaty dogs. Get changed first."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that part."