Who Could Ever Understand Teenagers?

By: BekkaChaos

Summary:

Yev is being a moody teenager, and when Ian tries to discipline him he says something like ‘you're not even my real dad’ and when Mickey finds out he gets really pissed.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Who would ever have a child with the knowledge that one day they would turn into a teenager?

Yevgeny was fourteen years old and he was right in the middle of his teenage mood-swings and rebellion, however he wasn’t quite as bad as his dad had been, but that was a whole different situation.

He was staying with Ian and Mickey this week. He stayed there every third week and for some reason on this particular Wednesday he was in a foul mood after school.

Mickey was working later than usual so Ian had offered to pick him up. When he’d mentioned it in the morning Yev had responded with a grunt, but that wasn’t unusual.

He trudged over to the car and Ian gave him a smile as he climbed in.

He plonked down in the front seat and slumped down, taking his phone out and tapping on the screen.

“Hey, how was school?” Ian asked.

“Fine,” he said.

“Okay…” Ian said, nodding as he pulled out of the parking lot. “How did you go with that history assignment?”

“It was fine,” he said.

Ian sighed a little. Svetlana had said something about his sour mood when she dropped him off on Sunday night, she wasn’t wrong.

“Need you to sign this stupid form,” he said, flicking something on his phone screen.

“What’s it for?”

“Failing English,” he shrugged.

“You’re what?” Ian said, giving him a quick look but he didn’t even look up. “You were doing really well, what happened.”

“I’m failing,” he said.

“Clearly, why?”

“Uh, because I’m failing?”

“Don’t get smart with me, you’re going to have to pick it up if you want to pass the year,” Ian said.

“Whatever.”

“No, not whatever, you need to take your classes seriously,” he said. “We’ve all worked hard to get you there so you’re not going to throw it away.”

“You’re not even my real dad so what’s it to you?” he snapped, looking up with a glare. “Just butt the hell out.”

It took Ian a little by surprise and for a moment he had nothing to say. After that it had been too long to say anything and so he just kept his mouth shut. He knew that he was just going through a phase but still, it stung a little bit.

They drove home in silence and when they got back to Ian and Mickey’s place Yev just stormed to his room and slammed the door.

He sighed but headed to the kitchen to start dinner.

When Mickey got home he was tired, body aching from a hard day of hard work. He came into the kitchen with a sheen of sweat on his skin and sunk into one of the chairs at the kitchen bench.

“I am fucking exhausted,” he said and Ian walked over to press his lips against his. “I’m getting’ too old for this shit.”

Ian smiled, patting his back a few times before going back to the pot on the stove.