|Keith x reader| T H A N K Y O U [30K Special]

I sat there looking at her. She didn't know it, but I knew her story. I knew that she was suffering in a unique way.

People always talk about their stories of suffering. They battled with drugs. Their parents were divorced. They were adopted. No one liked them. They were the outsider. They were the outcast. That was me. But it wasn't her, yet she was still suffering.

(y/n), that was her name. The girl suffering in paradise.

"Hey (y/n)!" I waved at her as she walked into the college campus.

Her eyes lit up dimly as she smiled, lifting her cheeks. "Hey, Keith" she laughed, "How's it going?"

I shrugged. "The professor is being an egg."

She blew a raspberry with her lips as she held her books tighter. Her giggles rippled ominously. "Oh hell yeah. Mr Jaha is being a complete bum. He said that culture was founded through the people in his lecture and in the homework, he said that it was time and experience!" She rolled her eyes and scoffed in disgust. "What an idiot."

I eyed her carefully. She was so cautious. She was so careful about what she does. But after you know, everything she does suddenly becomes so twisted. Her smile is fake, but her beauty is still there. How can such a beautiful girl be so broken?

"Well." (y/n) turned to me with a cheeky grin. "I'll see you around in class, Keith."

"Yeah!" I smiled. "See you later!"

"See you!" She waved and quickly ran into the campus, disappearing into the groups of students.

~0~

As I waved goodbye to Keith, I readjusted myself. I just said that Professor Jaha was pretty much an egg, but I actually like his classes! Whoops.

I laughed nervously as I walked along the hallway to the classroom. Classroom 3E. The small room bustled with talkative students. I quietly sat down in the front row and prepped my desk. Pencil, notebook and textbooks at the ready.

As the school bell rang, the day rolled in perfect timing. Professor Jaha walked in and told off Clark and Bellamy. Fin and Jasper were also given some warnings for talking in class and laughing. I, however, wasn't told off at all. In fact, I was the teacher's pet. I loved and hated it. I was the one that the teacher's loved and the students hated. Granted, I had some great friends. Keith, Pidge, Hunk and Lance were great people. Shiro graduated a while ago.

"(y/n)."

I lifted my eyes to the whiteboard. "Uh, yes?"

"Can you please tell me the correct for a font?"

I blinked at him in confusion. "Professor Jaha, the answer you're asking for is Typeface but fonts are-"

"That's enough (y/n)." Professor Jaha gave me a smile but frowned to the rest of the class. "As you can see, (y/n) knows that answer like all of you should. Pay attention to the lectures we give you on the campus and maybe, just maybe, I won't have to mark your grades with a low C."

I sighed. This keeps happening.

~0~

It was time to head home. I watched (y/n) walk to our group as we filed out. She flicked her hair to the side and smiled as our group merged with her.