Twenty-Six : Making Moves in Mommy Shoes

"Do all of these people have to be at my party? Like I don't even know these people!" Jazmine whined.

"Girl hush, these people will do good for you. More people mean more gifts and more people to clean up." Mother Dear handed Jazmine her plate of food.

Today she had successfully reached her eighth month of pregnancy and she felt it. Her belly sat high and her back ached and her feet stayed swollen. Her nose had stretched from California to Florida and her breast were so swollen and tender that she had stopped wearing bras at seven months.

"Thanks Mother Dear. But, I guess. I mean it would help since I'm having the shower so late. I have some people I invited from my yoga class."

"That's good, by the way, are you going today?"

"Mother Dear, I feel like a huge whale. I don't think I should go." Jazmine bit into her biscuit that housed some scrambled eggs, seasoned to perfection sausage, and home made plum jelly.

"Girl, you're going to that yoga class, even if I have to sit there with you." Mother Dear drunk some of her coffee.

"You'd sit there with me?" Jazmine looked up with her puppy dog eyes.

"Girl hell, go out ya damn clothes on. I swear you coloured children get on my damn nerves. I'm too damn young to be all on the floor in them freak positions. Only time I ever get in this positions is for Frank." Mother Dear rambled.

Jazmine stopped and turned to her, "Who is Frank?"

"Mind ya business pregnant woman." Mother Dear smiled and sipped her coffee.

"Oohh I'mma tell it." Jazmine waddled to her room.

"Ole penguin lookin behind." Mother Dear mumbled and shook her head, finishing off her breakfast.

Jazmine returned with her yoga pants and maternity dress on that stopped mid-thigh due to her stomach.

"You all ready?"

"Yes."

"Alright, let's go before I change my mind." Mother Dear took off her robe, revealing her sweats and shirt. Slipping into her tenni's by the door, they made their way to the car. Jazmine sat in the back for comfort and Mother Dear headed into the city to the yoga studio where Jazmine had her prenatal yoga class.

Arriving within half an hour, Jazmine got herself out the car and her and Mkther Dear walked in and down to the studio.

"Hey Jazmine." Kim walked up and side hugged Jazmine.

"Hey Kim, this is my grandmother and Mother Dear this is the first friend I made here, Kim." Jazmine introduced. They hugged and Mother Dear went to find a bench to sit on until the class started.

"Well how is the baby shower coming along?" Kim and Jazmine walked to the warm up area to do their stretched as the instructor did for herself.

"It's going. It's going to mostly be people my family know rather than people I know. Umm, you think Vince would come?" Jazmine rolled her neck.

Kim smirked and winked at Jazmine.

"Oh God, Kim what did you do!"