It's complicated

Chapter 33: It's complicated 

"I like you."

Daniel sipped the hot cocoa in a mug, he stopped briefly to look at the pink haired male. He felt his heart ping, but he pushed that feeling aside to answer.

"Okay." Daniel replied after a moment.

DG was surprised at this reaction, he expected a stutter or blush.

"You seem confused." Daniel said, DG nodded.

"Your lack of reaction is impressive." DG said, Daniel tilted his head to the side.

"It's normal for friends to like each other." Daniel replied.

OUCH. DG got friendzoned.

'So he thinks it's the friend way.... Okay fine, I'll let him think that way for now.' DG thought.

'Would Jay like hot cocoa? Does he even like chocolate? Wow, this proves I know little to nothing about Jay, we need to discover more about each other.' Daniel thought.

DG watched Daniel stir the cocoa more, the storm had let up an hour earlier and the power came back on as well.

Daniel was offered hot cocoa and cookies which he accepted while DG settled with a beer, though Daniel protested against it.

"You're too young to drink, you're 18!" Daniel reprimanded, 'Though Jay has drunk wine and he's not of legal age....'

DG rolled his eyes, "I just turned 19 a few months ago, so I'm of legal age."

"Wait, when was your birthday?" Daniel asked, he placed the cup on the counter.

"August 18." DG said, he popped the cap off the beer bottle and took a swing.

"Wow, you're improving." Daniel said, DG looked at Daniel confused.

"What?" DG asked.

"You actually weren't being cryptic about your personal information," Daniel remarked, "That must means you trust me, right?"

DG pondered this.

"I don't... you know what... drop it." DG took a longer sip from the bottle, Daniel smiled.

He munched a cookie as he finished the cocoa.

"So do you have a real name?" Daniel asked.

"You're pushing it." DG replied, he drank again.

"Stop drinking." Daniel replied.

"Can't make me." DG replied the bottle was ¾ empty.

"You'll get a bad hangover." Daniel said, he remembered his aching head from the last time he had drunk (on accident).

"I can handle my alcohol well unlike you." DG replied, the bottle was empty.

"Okay..." Daniel watched as DG placed his head on the table, his arms underneath.

The two sat in awkward silent before DG asked, "Do you like me back?"

Daniel was taken back by this.

He suddenly was reminded of the thought of when he thought he was in love with DG and Jay at the same time, he turned red.

'No, I only love Jay.... even if it won't work out between us, I still love him.' Daniel said.

"Uh... sure I like you, DG." Daniel nervously moved to get near the doorway, he didn't feel safe all of a sudden.

'I think he lied about being able to handle the beer....' Daniel thought.