Chapter Five

His Game: Chapter Five

As promised, I arrive at Joey's house exactly 30 minutes before sunset Sunday night. As I roll into her short driveway, I see Joey already standing by her bike, wiping off parts with a rag and a proud smile.

I get off of my bike and put my helmet underneath my arm, sauntering over to her. At dinner the other night, we didn't talk about our bikes as much as I was expecting.

"Navy blue," I comment, glancing at the color of her bike, "How cute."

She glances up at me through her strawberry hair, dark eyelashes clearly visible even beneath her hair. "You can laugh, but as opposed to your, eh, cute Cruiser, I have six speed, 8-valve, high torque, high performance, and the list goes on and on."

I smirk at her response and don't offer any rebuttal. She's right. She has a nice bike. Instead I glance at her house, noticing the truck in the garage signaling at least one parent is home. So I shift my eyes back to her.

"So, do I get to meet your family this time?"

She snorts in response and grabs her helmet from where she had it lying on the ground right next to her motorcycle. "If we don't leave now we'll miss the sunset," she drawls, sending me a small smirk before slipping the helmet on and mounting her bike.

I watch as she moves to the end of her driveway and walk back to my bike, slipping on the helmet and pulling up next to her. I lift the lens and smirk at her.

"You ready?"

She revs her engine in response.

She follows me down the road, onto the highway and quickly off to take back roads for the rest of the drive to reach my spot. We soon hit the mountains just a few miles away from where we live in Mountain View, California, and then we're driving down winding country roads.

It's the perfect trail for someone with a bike. Little to no cars, winding roads, and at the end a breathtaking view anyone can appreciate.

Joey isn't even close to the first girl I've brought here. This is one of my favorite spots to take the girls that play my game. There is something about an overlook that a guy goes 'out of his way' to take a girl to that sets the mood.

However, Joey is the first to ride up next to me instead of with me.

Usually the girls are on the back of my Cruiser, holding onto me for dear life and in the process subconsciously making me their hero for acting so brave on something they're terrified of.

I'm telling you. Making a girl get into bed with you is just a simple formula, and this ride is one of the most important ingredients.

I glance over at Joey on her own bike, riding dangerously close to me but without a slimmer of worry in her posture, and I smirk.

This is certainly different, and may require a slightly different recipe.

I'm impressed with her. It's one thing for a girl to have her own bike and another to see how she rides it. And Joey certainly owns hers. Seeing someone so confident on a socially claimed dangerous vehicle is enough to turn any guy on.

I'm impressed, yes, but not impressed enough to worry about the stakes of the game. It's clear to me my feelings towards her, much like the others before her, are no more than lust. I am impressed enough to pull a few more tricks out of my sleeve to get her into by bed, though.

We reach the overview after a twenty minute ride and both get off of our bikes, walking over to the edge. This view is unlike most of what the city of Mountain View offers. This city is already gorgeous with a breathtaking view offered from the top of nearly any building, but up here in the mountains we are far enough away from the city to overlook the entire thing.