Black Bows and Parchment

3rd person P.O.V
"Edward Remus Lupin! Get back here right now!" Andromeda yelled, causing a 1 year old Teddy Lupin to stop in his tracks.

For a tiny child who could only crawl, he was rather mischevious and quite hard work. Especially for Andromeda. And while she was in good health for a woman her age, she had to care for her grandchild as a mother and a father would. As his mother and father would.

After her loved husband, beautiful daughter and kind son-in-law died, it was upon her to take in this baby. He was in everyway like both his parents, even at the age he was at. When Andromeda was broken, she thought she was in no position to take care of Teddy. But in the end Teddy helped her, more than she thought she had helped him.

The life had returned to her eyes and the love had returned to her heart. Everyday was hard work but she loved it. She was also great at teaching Teddy and slowly helping him figure out what his extraordinary ability was. After all she was there when Nymphadora was a child and was discovering her own talent.

One day when she was showing old photos to Teddy, he was particularly attached a few in particular. One was of a small girl who had a great beaming smile on her face and short yet untamed pink hair. The other was of a tall, thin boy who had hazel eyes and sandy hair.

Teddy first showed signs of using his metamorphagus powers while looking at these photos. His hair changed to pink to match the young girl in the photo. It's natural colour though, was a light sandy brown and because he couldn't control it yet, it often stayed like that.

He loved to crawl about too. So when Andomeda was trying to send a letter, like at the current moment, she had to constantly keep an eye on Teddy. She folded up the two letters and tied them to her owl. It nibbled gently on her fingers before spreading it's large, pure black wings and gliding away.

The same day, McGonagall received a couple of letters from a certain black owl with deep honey coloured eyes. It didn't leave though. Presumably waiting for a reply before going back to it's owner, the owl stood by McGonagall. It was cleaning it's feathers and curiously looking around, but never left it's spot until it got the reply it was waiting for. In fact it ended up following McGonagall around all day, precisely for that one reason.

"Potter, can I see you for a moment?" McGonagall asked Harry while he was walking through a corridor, with his friends after lunch. He glanced at friends and Hermione nodded while from shrugged.

"Sure Professor."

She turned on her heel and Harry followed her. Harry had been called into teacher's offices so much that he had tactics to try and find out if he was in trouble of some sort. But he didn't think so this time. McGonagall's voice was kind and she had a smile playing on her lips.

She almost seemed- excited?

Harry knew better than to question her because he'd get no answer. Besides, after everything he just went along with things now. He sat on a chair opposite McGonagall, only her desk separating them.

"Potter. Have a biscuit." She said, pushing the same biscuit tin towards him from years ago. He secretly thought it was enchanted to refill itself.

Harry took one and waited while the headmistress pulled out a roll of parchment, with a thin black bow tied around it. McGonagall slid the bow off and passed the letter to Harry. He looked at it questioningly but took it from her.

This was all a little to ambiguous for Harry who'd always liked to know exactly what was going on. He also saw a large, black owl perched on the end of her desk. Feeling more and more curious, Harry unravelled the parchment and began to read.