Chapter 1 The Man in Gray

Deep within the Fangorn forest there stood a predator stalking her prey. Her golden feline eyes planing and calculating the best way to attack. She had been tracking her prey for four hours and she has finally found them, ever since she found them her eyes have never left her prey. She hunted no ordinary prey. Oh no this prey could surprise you if you did not have your wits about you. Even though they might not be the smartest or brightest race, they had still caused her enough pain both physically and mentally to last multiple lifetimes.
    It had been years since Huntress had seen any of her people, ever since her people were over run and enslaved. She had been kept away from any of her people, for years being forced into a life of servitude. She broke out when she could not take it anymore her mind finally broke, she had not been locked up the orc's believed that she had finally lost her hope and will to live so they believe that a collar and shackles would be good enough when they started to talk about how they were happy to finally be ride of her weak race. When she heard that she was the last of her kind she shattered her shackles and pounced on her captors effortlessly killing them, she no longer had any control over her actions leading her to kill anything that had made the bad choice as to cross her path.
    After a scouting party of elves happen to find her, bloody and injured and half mad, they called upon the help of Lord Elrond to heal and clam her down.
Now she travels across the map hoping that she could one day find another of her kind, and tracking down and killing any orc pack that she came across. Her day had been peaceful and quiet, until one day she was approached by a man in grey who decided that they wanted to ruin her fun.
"Hello Huntress, I come to you with a proposition."
She snapped out of her memories and turned her eyes away from the pile of dead orcs. She had finished killing the least orc before she was interrupted, she started cleaning her twin blades using a dead orc's clothes not wanting to ruin them even more since she was already splattered with blood from the fight before. She looked at the man in gray, and glared.
    "You know I do not like to be called that. Now tell me to what do I owe the pleasure of your presence to Gandalf the Gray."
By now she had finished cleaning her blades and then strapped them to her sides. Gandalf chuckled. "It has been decades since I last saw you, my friend. Yet you have not aged a day."
"Le fael, Gandalf you also have not aged."
She walked up to Gandalf with a slight smile on her face and was about to give him a hug when she stopped, realizing that she was covered in orc blood.
"Prestad?!" She asked both excitement and worry showing on her face in less than a second but excitement stayed on her face.
"No not right but there might be and that is why I came to ask a favor of you. I will be traveling with a company of fourteen others and I was tasked to find a fifteenth member."
The smile no longer graced any of their faces. Huntress spoke, her voice void of emotion.
"Who is the leader?"
"You know of him, but I shall not tell you here. Meet me in the shire at a borrow that shall be marked with my symbol." He stopped for a second thinking then continued.
"Will you give me your word that you will be there before we leave?"

Her face turned to one of confusion, in all her years she had never been to a place called the Shire.
    "Gandalf where is this place you speak of, I have never came across it in my travels? You have my word that I will be there before your party should depart unless something should cause my to be late." Then she gave a small bow with her hand covering her heart.
    "You don't know? It is only a few days ride from here. You are quite close yet you have never seen it." Joy flashed across his eyes, "The inhabitants are hobbits."
            "Hobbit?? What is a Hobbit?!"