Chapter Four

LALISA MANOBAN (LISA)

Eunha left earlier. After she left, everyone immediately started a topic. What was it about? Something about Mission Escape.

"Mission Escape?" I never heard of it. But I could tell that it had something to do with what Jisoo said yesterday. About the puzzle piece she forgot to take.

Rosé looked at me and gave me a sweet smile. "You know how we're collecting puzzle pieces in order to escape? Instead of saying plan puzzle collection, we call it Mission Escape," she explained. "The puzzle pieces are called Puzzle Moon by the way."

"Why is that?"

"If you manage to collect all the puzzle pieces and solve it, it is said that if you place it under the light of the moon.." she made little hand gestures, giving her words more impact. ".. boom, escape."

I looked at her with anticipation rising in me. "That's cool," I commented. I then looked at the rest and asked, "So, what's the plan?"

"We need to collect each and every puzzle piece. And let me tell you, you will be risking your life here. One mistake, and your out of the game," Jin said, the friendly tone in his voice was now gone. He looked at me, his eyes piecing into my skull. "Are you still up?"

I gulped. "Depends. Continue explaining your plan."

They nodded. Namjoon took initiative and got a sapphire from the study table. He placed it on top of the coffee table infront of us and made it glow, I still don't know how they do that. The sapphire instantly showed a replica of the school. Namjoon pointed at a hallway and said, "If we manage to pass this area at night, then we can most probably get the piece."

I raised a brow. "But don't we have classes at night?"

Jennie snickered beside me and gave me a smirk, I could tell that they already planned this out thoroughly. "We've got Jisoo for that. We're already skipping class now, can't we skip it one more time?" Jennie said, her voice filled with mischief.

"Then do you think we could even pass the hallways at night?" I asked. "Maybe there will be someone guarding there or something..."

"Wait, Lisa. Do you know about It?" Rosé suddenly asked. I raised a brow before shaking my head. "Then I'll explain. Its, like the hide-and-seek once, are the creatures that will seek and find students who are roaming around the hallways without any reason. Those creatures are invisible to a human's eyesight. There's no record of someone seeing them from what I've heard." In the midst of Rosé explanation, I could see Jennie shifting on her seats, as if she wanted to disagree with Rosé statement. "That's why no one really goes out."

Then someone laughed from the side. "Unless you got me!" I looked over and saw Jungkook proudly pointing at himself. Namjoon sighed before nodding his head. "That's right, Jungkook is, what we call, our distraction. He distracts It. I don't know how," Namjoon stated.

"It's magic," Jungkook replied before giggling.

"Wait, those things can be distracted?" I asked. If they were supposed to guard the hallways, then would distractions even work on them? Aren't they suppose to act like bodyguards or something?

"Yep, they can. Those creatures are only limited, plus, they can be distracted quite easily. I think I'm pretty good at doing that job." Jungkook grinned proudly. The others all sighed in disappointment.

"

Anyways, back to the topic," Namjoon said, making everyone snap out of whatever they were thinking about. Jungkook's proud look was now gone and was replaced with a serious, intimidating expression.

I raised a brow as he went towards me and leaned closer. "So, Lisa." His gaze was intimidating, I could feel myself shrinking into the couch. He didn't notice my uncomfortable look, instead, he continued, "Can you get that puzzle piece?"

His finger pointed at the very top of the building, the highest place. A place I haven't been to, but I'm sure that they have multiple times.

"Wait isn't that..." I let out a quiet squeak in fear. That place was where the higher-ups would be sitting and watching us from above. Personally, I think I'm somewhat in a horror movie.

"Lisa, don't worry. We'll be right beside you," Rosé said, her hand on my shoulder as she tried to calm me down. But then grinned sheepishly. "Well, not literally..."

"Don't scare her, Rosé," Jungkook said glaringly at the red head. He then turned back to me with a soft look and asked, "Well, are you in?"

I forced out a chuckle. "Of course."