Day 12: Snowed In

December 12th

Midoriya awakened in a daze. He had no familiarity with his surroundings, and when his eyes fell upon the shirtless Todoroki, his heart began to race. He abruptly sat up, and saw that hewas shirtless as well.

“TODOROKI!” Midoriya screamed, panicking for a moment, until the realization dawned on him. It had been very late last night, so of course he hadn’t remembered at first. They had only taken their clothes off because of the weather.

His face flushed in embarrassment, because now Todoroki was fully awake. His face had gone pale in surprise. He thought Midoriya had gotten hurt.

“I-It’s nothing! I swear! I just.. wasn’t expecting all this. I’m used to waking up to All Might posters and my own bed.” Midoriya waved his hands frantically, trying to calm Todoroki down.

That, of course, wasn’t the entire truth. Some of it was, but it was only fifty percent of what was going on. He had assumed that something happened between them last night, and he felt horrible for jumping to the much more intense conclusion. What was going on with his mind? Sex had never crossed his mind up until now.

Todoroki relaxed, his shoulders no longer touching his ears. The color had also flushed back onto his face. He sat up as well, running a hand through his uneven bed hair. Today, it was criss-crossed and flared up in tufts, all thanks to Midoriya screwing around with it. It was quite the contrast, compared to his usual formal self.

Midoriya quickly glanced away, his cheeks burning up. That was hot, and adorable. Both at the same time.

Todoroki placed his hand over Midoriya’s cheek, slowly cooling him down. “Do you have a fever? We can miss one school day. It will be okay.”

“What?” No, he wasn’t feeling under the weather at all. What made Todoroki think that?

Oh.

“I’m just blushing, Shouto. I’m not sick!” Izuku began to laugh, unable to stop. He found it hilarious that Todoroki was unable to tell the difference. Todoroki was insanely oblivious, and he thought that quality was also very cute.

“Why are you blushing?” Todoroki cocked his head in question, like a confused puppy.

Midoriya laughed even further. “You’re my boyfriend. I’m allowed to think you’re handsome, right?”

This was when Todoroki looked as if he found the answer to everything in the universe, and he looked shocked. He thought about that for a moment, letting it fully register in his mind. This was priceless.

“It’s not anything that hard to decipher!” Midoriya teased, leaning into Todoroki’s side and letting his head drop on his shoulder. He proceeded to shake with fits of laughter.

Todoroki shook his head. “No, I just wasn't expecting you to admit that I'm handsome so quickly. You're too timid to do that.”

“Guess I'm stepping out of character for a moment.” Midoriya inhaled air, which soon exchanged for a yawn instead. He stretched his arms, and then flopped over in Todoroki’s lap. It was impossible to get up. Todoroki was just so warm, and the blankets were so comfortable.

“Do we really have to go back?” Midoriya murmured, eyes fluttering shut.

They both wished the answer was no. For a day, though, maybe it was possible.

Todoroki absentmindedly ran his fingers through Deku's soft hair. “Depends on the weather, love.”

A warm fluttery feeling tickled at Midoriya’s chest like a frantic butterfly, batting against his ribcage. He hadn't braced himself for that nickname.