And If You Died......

An: short one, but I was rewatching Spiderman Homecoming and decided to write this one out. Still figuring out what was deleted, so it might take a while. Thank you all for your support, and have fun!!!!
/////:

Tony slumped to the ground, tears gently dripping out his eyes. Peter Parker, Spiderman, his not-son was gone.

Tony tried so hard to protect him. He tried so hard, everyday to protect the things he loved, the things he couldn't live without- his small, minuscule, family (Dum-E, U, ButterFingers, Pepper, Rhodey, Happy, Friday, Jarvis/Vision, and now.... Peter.)

He made him a new suit.

He put a tracker in it, so that Peter could never get kidnapped, so Afghanistan wouldn't happen to Peter.

He put a parachute in it, so Peter would never worry about falling like Peter had or like Tony had after the Battle If New York.

He put a heater and ac in it, so that Peter wouldn't ever get too hot (walking through the desert) or too cold (the freezing cold cave).

He gave him is own AI.

He told him to go back home. Several times. (The ferry, the spaceship.)

He called the FBI so the kid wouldn't end up hurt.

He did actually care- which is why he was actually there, which is why he did listen, even though he knew he shouldn't have taken the fifteen-year-old under his wing.

Tony knew- if you are nothing without the suit, you shouldn't have it. Tony didn't want Peter to learn to rely on the suit, like Tony always had to.

And god, he sounded so much like his father, it hurt. Because Tony was scared- that he would be a terrible, drunken idiot of a dad who was too busy to look after his kid.

Tony said "sorry doesn't cut it." And the kids last words? "I'm sorry, Mr. Stark." It broke his heart.

And then Tony had a dream where Pepper and him had a kid. They adopted him. His name was Peter. A head full of ridiculous brown curls. And Tony really hoped Pepper wasn't pregnant, because he'd make a terrible father.

Then Peter shows up to help with the wizard. And he gets caught by the big alien, reaches out to Tony like a little kid reaching for his parents. And Tony reaches out to save him.

Then Peter dies. On an alien planet. "I don't wanna go, I don't feel too god, please Mr. Stark, I'm sorry, I don't wanna go I'm sorry-" and then Tony's kid is gone.

And Tony remembers, so long ago, when he asked the Spiderkid why he got out of that twin bed every day.

And he gave this speech, basically. And it was the most amazing thing in the world.

Tony tried so hard to protect that kid, because he knew Peter could have done great things in his life. He was a genius, he had amazing morals, he was so sweet, he was nerdy, and he just wanted to help everyone-

And then he died.

And Tony felt like that was on him.