Chapter 1 - Becoming a Mother

She had no idea how it all happened. Everything had happened so quickly. One moment she was crossing the road, and the next moment, a speeding car headed towards her as her last memory of the car was its bright lights shining at her. She had reflexively squinted her eyes but when she tried opening her eyes again, the images in front of her were fuzzy as she could not make out the figures that stood around her.

Her whole body writhed in pain and it was unbearable. She bit her lips to hold back the screams trapped in her throat. However, all her efforts were in vain as the pain had exponentially passed her pain tolerance.

What was happening?

Her world had not even become clear before she was pulled into the darkness. When she thought that it was just her imagination that she could finally see. A series of unfamiliar memories flashed before her.

What was this? There were two people that she did not recognize. The memories only showed her a few things being their birth, childhoods and their personalities. After a while, she knew the two people she was seeing was herself. One was her past self and one was her present self.

When the memories came to an end, the void went back to black before another thing popped up after. What stood before her was a book flipped open with pages being turned rapidly as if it was a moving image.

In those images, there were dialogues that could be read and every scene or so, there were a series of choices that were needed to be made. Every choice led to a certain future in the story.

She saw a certain girl in the images and the first thought that came to mind was that she was a maid judging from her maid-like uniform. The maid served under a noble girl around her age and through that girl, the maid managed to meet four different good looking individuals.

All four of them had fallen in love with her after just a few encounters with each other. Every individual had a different way of expressing their affection for her. They would kill for her, die for her, die with each other, or run away and elope with her. Their love was dangerous and ran deep but the maid did not disagree with their ways of affection.

In fact, she encouraged them. Everything they did for her, she gladly welcomed it. But, no matter how much they tried to prove their love, only one would be chosen to walk with her down the aisle in the church. If she chose one, then the other three would be broken-hearted, either going mad and aiming their anger upon the innocent people, or wallowing in their depression until they decide to take their own life.

But the woman seeing all this unfold couldn't fathom what all of these images had to do with her.

Just as she thought this, all the images stopped and turned to focus around one little boy. This boy had beautiful grey hair that shined radiantly coupled with his enchanting crimson eyes. Even if those eyes practically roared with allure, they were filled with sorrow. His eyes downcast and head lowered, he expressed his hurt and that made him more pitiful.

The boy was confessing to the girl about his childhood. He complained about his parents that were cold and distant. His father was a cruel and heartless person and his mother had only eyes for his father that it left him no space for her affections.

His mother tried hard for his father's love but when her plan failed, she directed all her anger and frustration at him. When his mother hit him with a cane, he did not even shed a tear. He did not want that witch of a mother to find happiness in his vulnerable state.

She caused him so much pain that he was practically numb to it. She was a violent woman and no one could escape her wrath.

In contrast to his mother, the maid showed kindness and gave her love to him. The ice that had formed due to the treatment he got from his cold-hearted family melted from the warmth of her affection. He had let the maid into his heart and both of them then became engaged.