4

Holly and Larry walked out of the museum in the early morning. Larry had just quit his job, and in all honesty, after last night Holly wasn't surprised. They walked down the stairs when they heard and saw Nicky and Don.

"Dad? Holly?"

"Hey, buddy. What are you guys doing here?"

"Oh, Erica had to be in court early, so I'm taking Mr Big Stuff here to school. But he wanted to swing by, see you in the new job." Don said, smiling widely at the two.

"It's so awesome that you're working here. Holly, how was it?" Nicky exclaimed and asked.

"Very lively." Holly replied, causing her dad to smile."

"Hey, Niko, you wanna take a look-a-doo inside? Maybe your dad will give you a VIP tour."

"You know what? We're pretty slammed this morning. Yeah, but Nicky, I promise, I'll show you soon, okay? Deal?"

"Deal."

"All right."

"Bye, Dad. Bye Holly." Nicky said.

"Bye." Larry and Holly said simultaneously

"Love you."

"Love you too, buddy" "Love you, lil bro"

"Bye, now. All right."

"Going back inside?" Holly asked her dad, she knew he didn't want to disappoint Nicky.

"You bet."

~~~~

It was Holly and her dads second night at the museum, and Holly was waiting for Larry to finish talking to the ex-guards in the locker room, she was going to help her father today, rather than just sleeping. Though she did still plan to sleep.

"You ready?" Her dad asked as he came towards her.

"As I'll ever be." She replied smiling and standing up from the chair she was sat in. The sun had set, the tablet had activated and the Daleys were prepared.

"Go crazy, big guy," Larry said, tying a bone to a remote-controlled car, that was Holly's idea after her dad had explained the dinosaurs love for fetch.

"Hey, guys. Quest for fire over. Knock yourselves out." Larry said to the cave people, this wasn't Holly's idea, in fact, she thought it was a horrible idea.

"Heave. Heave. Heave." Octavius commanded.

"Hey, what's going on over here?" Holly said, to the miniature roman. She had decided to go to the Hall of Miniatures, while Larry quickly talked to the easter island head. This was after she shut the Mayans shutters.

"We expand or we die." He replied Holly nodded understanding the Roman mindset.

"Heave. Heave." He continued.

"On the count of three, you blow this anthill to kingdom come." Holly heard the cowboys say on the other side, her dad joined her to question Jed. "And a one and a two--"

"Hey, Jed. Stop that." Larry said, "No, no. You blow a hole in your mountain, all you're hit is a wall."

"Step aside, Gigantor. We got us a railroad to build. We're a hole in that thing.

"Okay, first of all, stop with the gigantor stuff, okay? I'm just trying to close up shop."

"We're gonna blow it anyway. And a three!"

Holly began zoning out of the conversation, sick of the stupid squabble. Laying down on the bench in the middle of the hall, she couldn't help let sleep consume her, and another dream.