1~ Not Okay

~Marinette Dupain_Cheng~

It had started out like any other day.

I woke up late, as per usual. But I had the feeling that today would be different.

Was it a good feeling? I thought so. Only later would I realize that I was trying to warn myself of what was to come.

I should've stayed home. I should've waited out the storm.

But I didn't. 

"Morning, mama! Morning, papa!" I smiled, rushing through the bakery, grabbing a crossiant from the kitchen. "Bye, mama! Bye, papa!"

My dad chuckled. "Bye sweetie!"

"Have a good day," My mother waved.

I smiled, running as fast I could out the door. 

Tikki poked her head out of my bag. "Slow down, Marinette! It's not like school is going anywhere!"

I shot her a glare, about to say something when I tripped, running into someone.

And not just any someone.

"Woah! Careful, Marinette! Are you okay?" Adrien asked, and I froze.

"Uh, yeah, I'm grape! Er, gran! I'M FINE THANK YOU!" I rambled.

Geez, Marinette, get ahold of yourself.

"Hey, have you happened to see Nino? We were supposed to meet on the steps."

I shrugged. "He didn't come by the bakery. He does that occsionally. Alya's not here, either I wonder..."

Adrien thought for a moment. "Maybe they went in together."

"Maybe." 

The belll rang, and we walked to class in an awkward silence.

Adrien held the door open for me, which made me giggle, but my smile faded as soon as I entered the room.

Alya was glaring at me.

I felt my whole body freeze as I scanned the room. Everyone else smiled, and waved, Chloe smling at me, not glaring as usual. That was the second weird thing I noticed that day.

Then I saw her.

Lila, in the back row, smirking.

I gulped. "M-Morning, Alya!" I went to sit down in my seat, but Alya slammed her bag down without even looking at me.

"Sorry, but this seats taken. Right, Nino?"

Nino was behind Alya, his hat low on his head. "Sure..."

Marinette felt tears in her eyes. "Whats wrong, Alya? Did I do something wrong?"

"You know perfectly well what you did,"

My shoulders shook. "B-But I don't,"

"Now go sit somewhere else, Dupain-Cheng." Alya said, her expression blank. The whole class gasped, even Chloe, who looked at me, a totally different look in her eyes.

Our eyes met, and I saw something... sincere. Concern. Worry.

 For me.

Chloe nodded towards the back, glaring at someone,  not throwing any snarky comments or mean insults at me.

I followed her gaze, noticing who she was glaring at.

Lila, who pretended to be writing in her notebook.