CH. 15 We're Here!!

CH. 15 We're Here!

(Anthony POV)

I pulled in on the driveway that was in front of the cabin. Aimee and I are finally here.

We've reached my family's cabin.

As soon as I parked the car in front of the cabin, I also looked around and noticed my sibling's cars.

It was late at night, and the lights in the cabin were on. Letting me know that my family was up, most likely waiting for us.

After all, we were the last ones to get here.

I assumed the kids were asleep, but not the adults.

You know how you thought you got something covered, that you're able to do something with no problem until you're actually about to go through with it, and then you realize.

Maybe you don't have it figured out or can go through with it.

Well, I was feeling all of that right now, and now I'm second thinking this.

Maybe this wasn't a good idea after all...

"Uh, are you okay?" Aimee asked me, and I turned to look at her.

"My family is in there," I said. She looked at me, confused. Probably wondering why I was behaving this way.

"I know, it's your family cabin. You're all spending the holidays together. Of course, they will be in there. Are you getting cold feet?" She asked me, and I nodded my head.

"Oh my gosh, you better not be. I know you did not just kidnap me, dragged me all the way here to have cold feet, Anthony." She said, staring at me.

My hands were shaking, and I was nervous.

This wasn't going to go well.

I felt my hand being grabbed, and I turned to look at Aimee, who was holding my hand.

"Listen, you got this, okay. We'll go right in there together, okay." She said. I nodded my head.

She smiled. "Good boy." She said to me, and I felt my face turning red. Did she call me a good boy?

And why do I like it?

"You know what will make you laugh?" She asked me.

"What?" I asked, not bothering to pull my hand away from hers.

"You're the only one who has a suitcase and your items. I only have my purse and my keys. I have no clothes to wear during our stay in your family cabin." She said, causing my eyes to widen.

"Shit," I said, and she laughed, I thought she would be angry about this, but she seemed to be taking it well.

Was she trying to calm me down?

A smile appeared on my face. Aimee was trying to calm me down.

"It's not like you were going to let me take you to your place so you could pack and then let me abduct you," I said.

She laughed again, her laugh making me smile even more. I felt the nerves from earlier evaporating and leaving my body just from joking around with her.

"Come on, let's get your things and go; I will figure it out later about my clothes." She said, and I nodded my head. We both got out of the car, getting the things out.

"You don't have to carry anything for me," I said, but she shook her head.

"It's fine; it makes it look like I came with things. Don't want to have your family wondering why you're the only one with items now, do we?" She laughed, making me feel bad a little about her not having clothes; we were going to be here till New Year's Day. She is going to need clothes.