1. A New Beast

(14 years later, present)

*Beep Beep Beep

"Uh! What the hell?! Oh yeah....school...." a teenaged boy said. He grumbled as he rolled out of bed and glared at the ground. "Another day of complete torture....exciting!" he said to himself as he pulled his frail and skinny body out of bed and walked out of his room.

He slowly walked into the bathroom and looked himself in the mirror and sighed in displeasure. He has brown hair and that flows to his neck and has brown eyes. This boy's name is Delsin Rowe. He was a average as they can get especially around this era. "How will you get picked on today? Shoved down the stairs? Slapped in the back of the head? Used as target practice for the emmiter type quirks? Decision!...decisions!" he said as he got ready for school.

It really sucked being in a middle school full of quirk users. Not that having a quirk is dumb and that it was a thing that was wrong with the society today.....well it kinda is as there's superpowered villains running around killing innocents but thats a later topic.

What he's talking about is the fact that it sucked being in a middle school full of quirk users and you're the only one who doesn't have a quirk. Yes, Delsin Rowe did not have a quirk to call his own. Back when he was four, when he first heard from a doctor that he was quirkless, he cried for about a day and a half.

He was so devestated that he couldn't follow his favorite hero, Electric Man. Delsin smiled as he remembers his idol. Electric Man is by far the greatest hero in his opinion. Reasons are for one, he didn't follow the rules like most half assed heroes.

Not that following the rules is bad, it's just those heroes follow it to the T which is kinda annoying in his opinion. Electric Man was a hero, by his own standards and morals, not the government's. Though that counts as him being a vigilante, in Delsin's book he's a great hero.

Two, he took down the ultimate villian of all time, The Beast! The Beast was....well it'll be easier to say what he isn't. Mortal is one of those things he isnt, as its said that he can't be killed but a false rumor as it's dead now. The Beast was all power, no one could defeat him those most would argue All Might can which he highly doubts.

When Electric Man gave his life to save New Marais, he instantly went down as the #1 hero in Delsin's hero book. So when Delsin learned at the age of 4, the age where quirks usually manifest, he was normal, it hit him hard.

He tried to do things like that would make up for the lack of a quirk, like working out to increase his physical condition or reading books to increase his intelligence to that of genuis heights but the former caused him to get a sprained wrist from picking up a dumbell wrong and the latter was just too boring for him so he gave up on both.

And to make matters worse, he lost his family to a car accident while he was at day care. What hurt him was that out of the whole world of people with quirks, his family understood him and cared for himl the most, even if he was quirkless. His father wasn't a very famous hero nor was his mother, they were more of the underground hero, not in it for the publicity.

If he can remember correctly, his father's quirk was to freeze time for 5 minutes or less and only he and things he touches aren't effected. It was a cool quirk as he watched his father once sit him on the couch in the living room and then somehow moved to the kitchen.

His mother's quirk was the ability was to grow her fingernails to extreme lengths. Now that Delsin thought about it, it wasn't an extraordinary quirk due to the fact that even he can do that but all he needed was insane amount of time to not cut his nails. He did remember her scratching the shit out of his father and brother a couple of times which was funny to him.