Chapter 16: The one

Austin's POV

I was on my way back to the clearing. I heard gasps and an applause. Curious to find out what it was, I walked quicker.

The decorations were hung around beautifully thanks to my expertise and a huge help from mum. Everyone was here, I was about to find Hayley when I smelt the most delicious scent. Mmmm.

Fresh rain and pine. It was intoxicating. I couldn't get enough of it. I followed the scent to be crowded with people.

I got deeper in to find my sister smiling at the sight. Sky hugging some girl. I sniffed the air again and the scent lead me straight to the women Sky was hugging.

She opened her eyes and I sucked in a breath. She had the most gorgeous pair of grey eyes. She stepped back and I took her appearance in.

She had beautiful raven black hair, full plump pink lips and her figure is most impressive. She was skinny but not to skinny and had curves in all the right places.

I looked towards her clothing. A baby blue high waist skinny jeans, a crop top and a baggy jacket. All in all, she was the most beautiful creature I laid my eyes upon.

I was going to walk up to her when three slutty girls walked up to me and putting there filthy hands on me. All of them wore a small tight shirt that barely covered their boobs and it was as if they made one wrong move, they would just pop out.

They also wore the most shortest skirt that barely covered anything and their face was disgusting to look upon. I mean no offense but they all had way to much make up on to show no real natural beauty.

One of them had the audacity to grab my hand and try drag me away from the scene of my mate.

"Come on babe, let's go somewhere private." one said.

"let's go have some fun. It's a bore here anyways." the other said.

"I can tell we were meant to be you and I." the last one said.

That got me pissed. I growled loudly at them.

"step away from me and don't touch me with your filthy hands ever again." I growled.

They whimpered in fear and hurried off. One turned back around and said

"you will come back to me."

She gave me a flirtatious look and I growled loudly at that statement. As if. I turned back to see my beautiful mate. She was starring right at me. Shock written in her face. Then it changed to happiness then sadness.

I so badly wanted to comfort her so I let my instincts take control and I immediately had her wrapped in my arms. She stiffened before she relaxed into me.

She laid her head on my chest, sparks flew everywhere.

"Mine!" I growled loudly at all the unmated males that looked at what was mine.

I felt wetness on my shirt. I looked down to see why see was crying. I pulled her face up towards me. Her stormy grey eyes looked back at my deep blue eyes.

I wiped her tears away with my thumb caressing her face. Her soft skin sent an electric shock around my whole body.

"why do you cry?" I ask her softly.

I've never spoken to anyone like this other than my sister Hayley and Skylar.

" I thought you were going to reject me." she said whimpering at the thought.

I on the other hand growled. But calmed down when I saw fear flash through her eyes. No I don't want her to fear me.

"I would never reject my soul mate that was meant for me and me alone. I don't care who you are, I just know that I will love you until my dying breath." I said softly.

With that I kissed her forehead. I heard her sigh in relief and hugged me. I was a little shocked until I hugged her back.

'brother. Take it slow. She will not easily trust us.' Hayley said through the link.

'what makes you say that dear sister?' I asked curiously back in the mind link.

Hayley sighs.

'Now is not the time. Spend time with her. Once we get back to the house, then I will tell you.' she said before closing the mind link.

I looked down at my mate. She was still hugging me with her head laid on my chest. I smiled at the sight.

I pulled away from her and lead her to the tables. I sat down and she sat down beside me. We talked for a while until Hayley, Sky, Jared, Mum, dad, Uncle Sam and Aunt Eve came to the table with pieces of cake.

I watched as my mate ate happily. She conversed with Sky and Jared and I turned towards my sister. I saw the way she looked at Sky and Jared longing.

I stood up from the table and took Hayley's hand in mine. We walked out the clearing and into the forest. We walked to the tree line and stopped further in so people could still see us.

"I'm sorry Hayley." I said softly.

She looked up at me confused.

"why are you apologising? You did nothing wrong." she said

"I saw the way you looked at Sky and Jared. You want a mate like that don't you." I asked her.

Of course she does!

"of course I do. I want something like that more than anything in the world." she spoke lowly

"you will find him. I know you will find your happy ending someday. You might even see him tomorrow." I said encouragingly.

But I knew it wouldn't work. She just sagged her shoulders and looked down. I couldn't take it seeing her like this.

I pulled her chin up and kissed her forehead. I hugged her and she hugged back. I hope my little sister finds her happiness. That one person to love her, to hold her.

And when she does, I can finally give Eric the fight of his life. Because no one has ever come across my bad side unless your a rouge.

Watch out Eric. Because I'm coming for you, and you don't know what hit you. I thought as I glared at him.