Day 13: A Visit With Inko

December 13th

Today, the snow had completely dissipated from the sky. All that marked the blizzard occuring was the mounds of snow shovelled to the sides of the streets.

Todoroki and Midoriya found a train that could take them to the school at 9:45 AM, which was very convenient. They might be late, but they’d actually be there.

They woke up around 9:00 AM, and ate breakfast down in the lobby. They arrived at the station just as the train showed up, which was pretty lucky.

Midoriya felt like he couldn’t stop touching Todoroki. There wasn’t a single time today where they hadn’t been brushing fingers, or holding hands. It wasn’t embarrassing to think about what had happened between them the night before, but Midoriya’s heart would race whenever he thought about it. It was a side of Todoroki that he hadn’t seen at all.

Todoroki wasn’t able to control his flames at the time, so there were several burn marks on Midoriya’s chest. Todoroki had been apologizing profusely, but Midoriya just assured him that it wasn’t anything to worry about, because he knew it was all accidental.

On the train ride back, Midoriya and Todoroki had both their arms wound tightly around each other. Midoriya was feeling really sleepy still, due to the fact that he had broken his sleeping schedule two times in a row.

He was especially dreading school, because he’d have to take off his All Might hoodie. They’d have to wear their U.A. uniforms. While Midoriya loved wearing his uniform, he wanted to keep his hoodie on, as it was a gift from Todoroki.

Nosing into Todoroki’s shoulder, he murmured, “We’re gonna have to separate at school.”

Todoroki nodded in confirmation. “That may be true, but we do eat lunch together,” he reminded him. “It’s not the worst thing to happen.” He rested his head against Midoriya’s.

“I know. We also get to go back to the dorms. We might have a lot of homework to catch up on, too. You should come to my room after classes and we can work on it together,” Midoriya suggested, smiling to himself at his own idea. He wasn’t gonna lie, it all fell together perfectly.

“That might not go as you hope. You still have All Might, who will definitely want to see you. Then there’s Uraraka and Iida. There are more people who care about you than you think. You never miss school.”

It dawned on Midoriya right then. He hadn’t checked his phone for any messages whatsoever, since he hadn’t ever thought about using it these past couple days. His mother was most likely dead at this point because of all of her stress and worry over him.

He opened his phone, and sure enough, he had 173 texts from twenty two different contacts.

Pressing his phone to his ear, he called his mom right away. His mother wasn’t typically the kind to get angry, so he wasn’t worried about her answering the phone with pure hostility. He wasn’t counting on Inko feeling too happy, though.

The other end was picked up just after one prolonged ring. “Izuku! Are you okay? You had me worried sick!”

It was evident that she might’ve been crying, because her voice was projected in a much higher pitch.

This made Izuku’s heart wallow in its own guilt. “Yes, mom, I’m okay. I promise you. I wasn’t in any danger at all.”

“What happened? Was Kacchan with you? Mr. Aizawa only filled me in on a little bit. He said that you were with another student and you were residing in a hotel until the storm ended. Please tell me that this was a nice kid that you were with!”