Chapter 58: Say Yes

Lisa Pov.

"Lisa?!", Jennie called me, while glaring mad at me. I knew she'll get mad. I just left her in our room without telling her what's happening. And now she's seeing everyone here that she didn't expect to see.

"I have to explain.", I said as I approached her looking tense.

"Ofcourse you-", Jennie paused as her eyes landed from where her family is sitting. Her eyes grew even wider, when she saw Mina and the other employees are.

"Marry me.", I mumbled hastily, and swallowed hard. When Jennie's eye turned to look at me again.

"W-what? W-what did you say?", Jennie stuttered a bit, as her eyes narrowed looking at me in confusion.

"Marry me Jennie. Today.", I said not breaking our eye contact. She went silent, and gawking looking back at me. I went and held her on both sides.

"I know I may sound crazy, and I'm sorry for not telling you about my plan. If ever I was putting you now in a position that you didn't want to, just tell me. I wouldn't push this through, don't worry I am not gonna get mad, I promise. But honestly time already tested me long enough, for me to realize how badly I wanted you in my life. How much I wanted to spend everyday with you, so if you're gonna ask me why I'm doing this, it's simply because I love you so much, and I'm not gonna waste more time doing nothing to have you." I said and took a brief pause, as I walked closer to her and held her hand, looking at her eyes gently. I saw it glistened, her mouth opened but nothing come out. And I understand why.

"I wanted to take this chance again to ask you one more time. Will you marry me today?", I muttered nervously, and squeezes her hand. 'Please say yes' I was mumbling to mysleft waiting silently, we didn't break our gaze with each other, the silence was remarkably deafening in contrary. It seems like we're the only person standing at this place. And this moment brought back all the memories I had with her. And how precious it was for me. Even those times that she never responded to me, that all I can do is watch her sleeping, it was painful yet that's the reason why I'm determined to have her in my life for the rest of it.

-----------

Jennie Pov.

Lisa's eyes glistened as she conveyed each word with all her sincerity. And just like that my tongue tied up, as my my throat got dry. I was too drown with those pair of eyes, that was gently looking at me now. I admit, I was mad to the point that want to get out from here when she left at our room without telling me what's going on, she didn't tell me anything at all, I was all clueless of everything. Then I went down to see everyone I know, staring at me. Gosh, I almost curse in shock. But the moment our eyes met. Everything switched, upside down. I don't know what anger means anymore.

And when I thought I could finally utter a word. Lisa suddenly blurted out something. I didn't catch it at first but she repeated it again that's when it finally sink in to me. My eyes were wide open my mind baffled and then suddenly I thought of all the possible consequences that may come after this, she was rushing a marriage, it's not just any simple kind of commitment. It's a lifetime bond of two person, it's marriage she was talking about. The question is, am I ready to settle down?

But Lisa held my hand, asking me once again, who am I kidding anyway? Screw it. Whatever those consequences might be..

I'm still sure of my answer.

"You really are unbelievable. Yes ofcourse! I will marry you. Anytime..you want.", I uttered quickly, smiling, and snapping both of us out in the brief silence of the moment.

Lisa's brow flinched in response. But the growing smile on her lips, was already showing.

Until we heard a loud response from the people around us. Clapping and shouting aggressively.