Chapter 7

"What would you two like to drink?" Toni asked us.

"I dont want anything" Betty said and sighed. "me either" I said in agreement.

"Toni, um,I have to talk to you."Betty says nervously. I sigh and Sweet Pea and Fangs furrow their eyebrows.

"I want to keep an eye on Jughead, myself. To make sure that is deep into these snake infested waters as he goes, he doesn't do something that, you know, puts him in danger" Betty said and looked around.

"So what? You wanna be a Serpent?"Toni said and half smiled, because she thought it was funny.

"Let's say Serpent adjacent, but yeah..A part of this world, his world."Betty said and looked at us.
Someone laughs. We all turn to see who was it.

"Shut it Birdie" Toni yells.

"If you want to join the club, you've got to do the dance. The Serpent Dance." the woman said.

"excuse me? Serpent dance?" I asked curiously.

"oh, I would love to see you doing that" Sweet Pea said and gave me a smirk. I just rolled my eyes.

"it's an outdated sexist serpent tradition!" Toni said angrily.

"you dont wanna know.." Fangs said to Betty and shook his head.

"yeah, I do. I wanna know everything" Betty said and looked at a woman who was dancing around a pole.

-
the same night, at the Whyte Wyrm.

I walked in with Betty and Alice. Jughead and Sweet Pea walked towards us.

"You all look great" Jughead said smiling and looking the three of us.

"you are hot" Sweet Pea said and licked his lips, looking at me up and down.

"Oh my God Sweet Pea, she is not food, stop looking at her like that" Jughead said.
I chuckled at his stupid comment.

Alice went at the bar.

"I have a surprise for you, later..." Betty said and kissed Jughead. Jughead smiled at Betty.

I smiled awkwardly at them, knowing what the surprise was.

Sweet Pea grabbed my wrist and we went to sit with Fangs and Toni.

"you look great girl" Toni said and smiled at me.

"thanks" I said and chuckled. I was wearing a black dress, a little more short that it should be, but that's okay.

"you should wear that more often" Sweet Pea mumbled and Fangs looked at him disgusted.

Veronica and Archie went up to the stage and they started singing karaoke. "Mad World" by Donnie Darko. Good choice, I thought.

Suddenly, Ronnie leaves from the stage,without even finishing the song.

"Veronica...." Archie says and follows her behind.
Everyone was yelling "booo"

Betty goes up to the stage and continues the song by herself. Jughead looked at her in confusion. Then, she started getting undressed, which made the crowd stop complaining and cheer her.

Jughead, on the other hand, didn't like it at all. He crossed his arms and gave me an angry look.

Sweet Pea seemed to enjoy what was going on and a little laugh escaped his lips as he was watching Betty.
I'm not gonna lie, I was a little jealous.

"oh my God" Alice mumbled in shock.

When Betty finished her "performance", FP was the first to clap, which was a little weird.

He got up to the stage and gave Betty his Serpent jacket.

"Let's give her a round of applause!" FP yelled and everyone started clapping.

FP was talking about something but I didn't even listened. Me and Fangs were laughing about 10 minutes, because he told me a joke.

I saw FP hugging his son and whispering something to him. Jughead was upset. When FP walked away, I went to Jug.

"what did he tell you?" I asked and hugged him.

"he- he learned about the Snake Charmer. He knows about Penny,he knows about the favors I've done to her. He said that he is in and I'm out" Jughead said nervously.

"calm down, we'll find a way to get Penny out of our lives. " I said and gave him a sympathetic look. He took a shaky breath and nodded.

"I need to find Betty" he said and left.

I went back to where my friends were sitting.

"is everything okay?" Toni asked me.

"yeah" I said and sighed.

"can I talk to you, for a sec?" Sweet Pea said and I nodded. Fangs winked at me and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

We went a few meters away from Fangs and Toni.

"So?" I asked confused. Sweet Pea stood still for a second. He took a step closer to me. He looked down at my lips and then back at my eyes.

"stay still for me, would you?" he whispered. Then, he closed the space between us.
At first it was just a soft, innocent kiss. He slightly pushed me on to the wall and started kissing my neck. His right hand was around my waist so I couldn't escape. His left hand was under my dress, touching my thigh.
I hope this doesn't go too far though..

"Sweet Pea.." FP said, loudly.

We both pulled away from each other and looked at FP. My face turned red.

"dad" I mumbled.

"Mr.Jones.." Sweet Pea said, and coughed, clearing his throat.

Fangs and Toni had died laughing while they were watching the whole scene.

"I think it's time to get you home Grace" FP said and glared at Sweet Pea.

"yea" I said and sighed. I kept avoiding eye contact with my dad.

-