thirty three

"No buddy is perfect."
— Saji Ijiyemi

Jungkook POV

He was still asleep when I got out of the shower. I had taken one last night but my eyes were still swollen from crying and I needed an excuse to sit by myself for a while and think.

I tugged on a white hoodie and walked back over to the bed, the sleeping boy still cuddled up in my sheets with them up to his chin. It was hard not to smile when looking at him.

The bed shifted as I moved backed under the protective warmth, "Kookie?" the boy mumbled, voice deeper than usual when laced with sleep.

I just hummed and pulled the sheets back up over the two of us, grabbing onto his waist and hiding my face in his neck. Taehyung lifted his arm so I could snuggle closer into his side and I closed my eyes as he began to run his fingers through my hair. "Can I take you out today?" Taehyung finally said after some silence, his eyes meeting mine for the first time this morning. "On a proper date."

It was impulsive, or maybe just a habit, but I smiled and left a kiss to his cheek quicker than I could second guess myself, "Of course. Now get your ass out of bed."

I pulled the covers off of both of us and laughed at the groan coming from behind me. "No." he dramatically sighed.

"How do you expect to take me out then?" I said, hands on my hips as I faced the bed.

Taehyung just shrugged and tucked his palms behind his head as he looked over at me with a small grin, "I figured our date could be here, you know watch movies and maybe makeout if we get bored."

"No?" he trailed off as I remained unmoving, hands on my hips and innocent smile playing. With a shake of my head, I turned and left the room, leaving the door open so he could hear me when I called, "Let's go Tae! The sooner we leave, the sooner we get back and do whatever your heart desires."

Taehyung was by the front door with his shoes on almost thirty seconds later, my bed sheets piled on the floor as he dragged them down during his desperate attempt to leave as quickly as possible. I laughed lightly, already feeling a little better watching him tug on his shoes and flick his bangs back so he could see, "You're such a dork." I mumbled.

"Hmm, you love it." he shot back.

I bit down onto my bottom lip and just shook my head, trying to usher him out of my apartment was like dragging a child to the store with minimal cooperation. "Can we please just go? Today?" I held my arm out gesturing towards the hall, one hand on the door knob ready to shut it.

"I didn't know you were so eager to go out with me." he grabbed my hand with a grin and locked our fingers together, a firm grip as he tugged me down the hall with a chuckle.

Taehyung didn't let go of my hand down the stairs or through the lobby as we passed the woman at the desk, not even after we stepped outside and walked down the sidewalk passed the people getting to work or to their coffees. And I didn't stop smiling the whole time.

My heart even contemplated exploding when Taehyung disappeared into the cafe for a moment to grab us something, coming out with a small bag and a dark red tea meant for me. The taste of raspberry invaded my tastebuds and I drank happily, I loved how he remembered small details that I liked.

"So where are we going?" I finally asked. His thumb was rubbing softly back and forth across the back of my hand and it felt nice against the cold, something so small and insignificant really wasn't so.

The older just gave my hand a light squeeze, glancing down with a smile. "Just wait." was all he told me.

It was a pointless question, my own focus only on him and barely on our surroundings. Either way I was oblivious to our destination.

I didn't stop to think until his footsteps halter, hand still in mine and eyes locked on my gaze. "I'm hoping you're still in a forgiving mood."

"What do you mean?" I was mid chew, crumbs falling from my lips as I stopped to look up at the older boy. Now it was easy to see where we had ended up, the familiar streets and buildings being the giveaway.

It was a street not too far from my own home, about equal distance from our dance studio but closer to the nice part of the city. I could walk here with my eyes closed. This was the new building that Yoongi lived in, the one Jimin had moved into a few weeks ago after living with Hoseok for some time.

"You brought me to Jimin and Yoongi's apartment for our date?"

Taehyung laughed lightly, "I brought you here because I think it's time for you to talk to him."

I rose an eyebrow, facing the older boy next to me. His roots were starting to grow in, a darker color in contrast to the light honey locks that was previously dyed. "Since when did you start deciding what's best for me to do at what times?"

He just kept smiling with his hand still in mine, "Since you decided to keep on seeing me, it's in the fine print sweetheart." The smile stayed and he left a quick kiss to my cheek before walking into the lobby of the apartment building.

The floors were marble and the front desk lined with artificial flowers on display, fitting some peaceful aesthetic they were going for. The woman sitting on the front desk asked us who we were visiting, to which Taehyung answered since I purposely kept on sipping my drink so I didn't have to address her intense stare.

"Come on," Taehyung nudged my arm after the woman buzzed up to their apartment and one of them let us up. I hit the button to the elevator and rocked on my heels as we waited. The older boy beside me chuckled and I stopped, cheeks warm and ears red.

The music in the elevator was quiet and peaceful, reminding me of my playlist and making me want to pull out my headphones, if only they weren't on my bed right now. Taehyung had to interrupt my relaxed thoughts as his hot breath fanned against my neck, he was a lot closer than I had expected.

"Hey Koo," he whispered softly, his shoulder against the wall as he faced me, my back against it.

I hummed and glanced at him sideways, it was so hard not to stare at those lips when he spoke. "Yes Tae?"

The corners of his lips tugged up into a subtle smirk, matching the remark leaving soon after, "Have you ever seen.." he trailed off, making sure to lean closer so the tips of his lips can brush against my jaw with each syllable, that cheeky grin not faltering once, "the movie fifty shades?"

"Taehyung you're awful." I shoved him away but couldn't help to laugh a little, he was still smiling and messing with my fingers.

"Are you not up for a steamy elevator scene right now?" He asked innocently, but there was far from any innocence in those eyes of his.

"I'm here to be a saint and talk to my best friend, so that's your loss." I let go of his hand and smiled before stepping out of the elevator as it arrived.

He mumbled something I couldn't catch, however still smiling when he caught up to my side. I remembered the apartment door by heart at this point, it was a second home to me. It didn't occur to me until right now, standing with a thin piece of wood as separation, that I really missed my best friend after this time spent avoiding him. What a careless act, one to add to many more.

sorry for not updating much ):
it's been busy since it's the holidays
but merry christmas!!
thanks for reading
❤️ pls vote ❤️