07. she's american

Matty wanted to go and see Kat at her work, he couldn't wait until Friday. He had the dilemma, though, of not knowing what record store she worked at. So, he just wandered into the first one he found and looked around for a bit. He flipped through a couple of records, keeping an eye on anyone who looked like they worked there and which door they came out of.

Having been there, aimlessly walking around for half an hour, he decided she didn't work there and he needed to go to a different one. That was, until a beautiful blonde girl looked like she was walking towards him.

"Excuse me, are you Matt Healy?" She asked in a thick American accent. His eyes widened that she knew his name.

"Matty, if we're going to do this properly." He held out his hand for her to shake. "How do you know me?" He asked once their hands were back beside them.

"Oh, my friend went to see your show a couple of days ago. She can't stop talking about your band." She laughed, he nodded and took a real look at her.

She had blonde hair that he couldn't decide whether was dyed or natural, her face was tanned but not orange and her eyes were blue, not as blue as Kat's but similar. To him, she was gorgeous. She had small tits that worked for her and a curvaceous body that seemed tightly packed into her small stature.

"What's your name?" He asked, having analysed her.

"Oh, I'm Alice. Nice to meet you, Matty" The way she said his name almost made him giggle. It sounded so funny. She flipped her hair over her shoulder and suddenly Matty received her smell, it was fruity but delicious to say the least.

"Are you going to come to any of our shows? We have another one next weekend?" He wondered, she looked to the side as if she was thinking. He stared at her face intently, watching how her lips moved as she thought.

"Is it close? I don't know Manchester that well" she bit her lip which made Matty subconsciously lick his.

"Well, I can show you around if you want beforehand?" What was he doing? He never did this. "By the time the show comes around, you'll be a proper Mancunian" he laughed, she gave him a polite smile.

"That's so kind of you." She almost seemed surprised, he tried his luck with most women but he seemed to actually want her to accept him.

"Anything for a potential fan" he winked, she blushed and looked away from him. "How about I give you my number and you can tell me when you're free?" He suggested, she smiled and got out her phone from her bag.

"Didn't realise everyone here was so nice." She mumbled, he chuckled as he typed his number into her phone. Yep, but there are some weird fuckers out there too, he thought.

"Manchester's a great place once you get to know it. Where are you from anyway?" He asked, she took back her phone and shrugged.

"I moved everywhere around the states, my family still live in Vegas though." She explained, he pushed his hair back to reveal his smile and subconsciously received hers.

"I've always wanted to go to Vegas. Sounds like a laugh." She grinned at his accent, he grinned back and it felt like they were smiling at each other for a long time.

"Well if you ever go across, let me know and I'll show you round." She finally said. He pushed back his hair again, wanting the same reaction as before. She watched it, knowing it would just bounce back. A girl behind her called her name and she turned around. "I gotta go."

"Text me and I'll show you where our show is" he suggested, she nodded as she moved away.

"Bye Matty" she called when she was half way through the shop. He swallowed and waved goodbye.

Composing himself, he waited for her to leave before practically sprinting out the door and home to tell the boys what he had just happened. He never ran but he couldn't wait to tell them.

"George! Ross! Adam!" He yelled as he walked through the door. He heard muffled noises come from the living room so he went in there. They were playing a video game and eating pizza. "Guys, I met a girl." He announced, they all stopped what they were doing and stared at him.

"How? I thought you upstairs?" Adam said, earning some laughs.

"I thought you went to find Kat?" Ross asked, he pointed at Ross as if to say he got it right. "So what? This is a different girl?" Matty clicked his fingers.

"I realised on my way to find Kat, that I didn't know where she worked so I just wandered into a random record shop and this girl comes up to me. She's gorgeous and from Vegas, and I gave her my number and I'm gonna show her around Manchester." He practically jumped up and down.

"So, what about Kat?" George asked, Matty shook his head.

"Kat and I just mess around" He shrugged, George was slightly agitated by his answer.

"So you're just going to stop seeing her?" He asked, Matty's shrugged again which annoyed him even more.

"Probably not, she's a laugh." He shrugged, George nodded. He liked having Kat around.

"So what's her name?" Adam asked as Matty sat down, grabbing a slice of pizza.

"Alice." He smirked, they all nodded because that meant nothing to them.

"You said she's American?" Ross recalled, Matty nodded and chewed the pizza. George stood up and left the room to get them some more beers.

"Yep, Vegas. Said she'd show me round if we ever went." He grinned, they all rolled their eyes.

"Are you just conjuring this up? What did you really do today?" Ross laughed him off and Matty went into defensive mode.

"Fuck off! She was proper flirting back, called me nice and that." He described, which earned a laugh from them both. George came back and passed them all beers before taking his seat next to Matty.

"So what? You're in love now, are you?" He asked as he sipped his beer.

Matty always got like this, he would meet a girl in a random setting, get all excited about her, take her out a few times, bed her before any labels are put on it and then get bored and pie her off. It was only a matter of time.

George had been hoping that Matty was done with this routine at Kat. He hoped he would keep Kat for a while and maybe end up with her. What he didn't want was Matty dragging her along for sex whenever Alice or whatever her name was, wouldn't put out.

"Well obviously not but she was fit and she smelled like strawberry's so there's always time." He giggled like a girl. Adam groaned.

"Shut the fuck up Matty, I'm gonna throw up my pizza." He turned back to the tv and started a new game with Ross.

"Is Kat still coming over on Friday?" George asked as he flicked through his phone.

"From what I know of. I'll have to ask her where she works for future reference." He laughed at himself while George just continued to look through his phone.

"Don't just pie her off 'cause you've slept with her. She's a mate now." He warned, Matty rolled his eyes.

"I'm clearly not going to pie her, she's the best sex I've ever had. She's in my life for good now whether I want her or not" George didn't really understand what he meant but accepted it as a reasonable answer.