Chapter 63 - Who Lives

Here's the schedule! :D

12/16/18 [TODAY] - Chapters 63 and 64

12/17/18 - Chapter 65

12/20/18 - Q&A Deadline! [Ask anything you want to know about TATM, what I'm doing after this story, my writing process, writing advice, life advice, general stuff about me, etc.]

12/21/18 - Final Chapter(s)!!!

---

A/N (12/16/18) - Hold onto your seats folks and buckle up. This is the ending I promised.

Your heart strings will be tugged. Your wigs will be snatched. Your potentially dying tumblr accounts might just be resurrected, because you're about to get the happy, fulfilling, meaningful ending you've all been waiting for (for over 60 chapters!!).

I'm honestly so grateful for each and every one of you. I know you guys have been a little impatient (in a good way), and rightfully so, but I'm so glad I put this off until everything was ready because I only want to give you guys the quality you deserve. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking around with me, Mia, and the brothers on their journey.

Let's begin! (Or maybe I should say, "Let's finish this the way we started, together.")

---

Kaiden's POV

How many times must I be wronged before I can defend myself without judgment?

Let me use an analogy.

Let's say you're relaxing in your room when you hear banging on your door. It's your neighbor. He's asking for some water. You say, "Sure, one second" (being the amazing and magnanimous person you are). When you get back, he holds a gun to your head and kicks you out. You run to the nearest official, but no one wants to get involved. Security leaves you defenseless. Your so-called friends are on his side. Your only option is dying on the side of the street because you're broke, or... living in the space your burglar abandoned — his old, crappy house.

Upon entering your new "home," you quickly realize this is not the life you signed up for. There's no running water, it's too hot, and he has the nerve to keep strolling in and out, reminding you that you can't go home. That he has your home. That he has everything.

Eventually, you find the strength to move on. You accept your new territory, even if he's still enjoying your TV, bed, running water, laptop, and all the other things you paid for. But you've just gotta let it go, right? Let bygones be bygones, right?

Fuck that. You want your room back.

Who cares how many years have passed. Who cares about a "peace treaty." One day, he just so happens to leave his gun unattended. You just so happen to be able to reach it. What do you do? What do you really do?

Obviously, you shoot him. You shoot all three of them.

The Silvermoon luna's the gun, so of course, I reach for her. Of course, I try to get ahold of her to get the upper hand in this war (that the Silvermoon claim they're not a part of). The only problem is, my pack members are imbeciles.

What can I say? If you want something done, you've gotta do it yourself. You can't just play the game. You've gotta make the rules yourself.

"But if you play by everyone's rules, Kaiden," the memory of her voice echoes in my mind. "Then everyone can win."

... Everyone can't win, Krys.

###

Mia's POV