Chapter Three

I fear the vast dimensions of eternity

I fear the gap between the platform and the train.
I fear the drawn pistol of a rapparee.
I fear the books will not survive the acid rain.

I fear the ruler and the blackboard and the cane.
I fear the Jabberwock, whatever it may be.
I fear the bad decisions of a referee.
I fear the only recourse is to plead insane.I fear the implications of a lawyer's fee.

I fear the gremlins that have colonized my brain.
I fear to read the small print of the guarantee.
And what else do I fear? Let me begin again. 

~~~~~~~~

"Oh, my God, Y/N." Taemin calls out as I walk into class.

My eyes had newly formed dark circles, deep bags, my cheeks sunken in, and I look dead.

I sit down in my seat and yawn as I rub my eyes. I open my bag and grab my poetry notebook and set it on my desk.

"Are you okay?" He asks me and I hesitantly nod. "You look like you've never slept before." He comments and I shrug.

"Had trouble sleeping last night." I lie, not wanting him to know about the demon, living in my apartment.

"You're lying." He calls out and my heart skips a beat.

I look at him and he had a look of seriousness in his eyes.

"No, I'm not." I defend then he scoffs.

"Yes, you are, I can tell." He denies then I take a deep breath.

"I'm not fucking lying." I defend again, harshly this time.

"Meet me at the back of the school after class." He says then Ms. Lee walks in.

"Okay, class, I'm going to come around and check to see if your poems are finished then we will read them." Ms. Lee says then she grabs her gradebook.

She starts to walk around, checking out everyone's poems. So far everyone's done it, actually, everyone did it. Once she got to Taemin and I, she gave me a small smile as she checked mine.

"Even just looking over yours, I know it's going to be good." She compliments and I smile.

"T-Thank you." I thank then she walks back to her desk.

"Okay, I will just go down the rows of the people who are here." Ms. Lee says then she starts with the first person. "Kwon Hyun-Bin, you're first." She calls out then he clears his throat.

"Another year is almost over
A new one is about to begin
Say goodbye to the negative stuff

Move on with the positive things

Forget those new years resolutions
They are never what they seem
Resolutions are made, then broken
Its far better to follow your dreams

Lets pray for health and happiness
And for peace in the new year too
And as the bells ring out at midnight
I hope those dreams you dream come true (not actually his, I didn't feel like writing it so I looked some up. But this one is by John Read)" He reads then he turns to a new page.