-Chapter 22-

Butch

I had nearly lost my mind when Tempest stopped glowing, hearing her struggle to breathe as her arms started turning black nearly suffocated me. I had acted on instinct, running to her side...but when it only got worse I blindly followed her mothers advice...and put my hand on the mark I gave her, and spoke to her as if she could hear me...

At first nothing happened, but then her mark glowed even brighter than before, as well as the rest of her markings as the black disappeared. But the most bizarre thing that occurred was when the glowing started to transfer to me...as my hand stayed on her shoulder the vine started wrapping around my arm, replacing my tattoo sleeve completely as it went from my wrist to my shoulder...attaching itself to the mark she gave me as it also began to glow brightly...sending a warm feeling through my body.

And when her brother suddenly developed glowing marks on his body, that's when it really started to get intense. A sphere like orb of black smoke started forming in between them, seeming to come directly from Alec himself....and all of us watched in stunned awe as it began to slowly burn before bursting into smoldering dust...

All of us stay completely silent too, watching as both of them sit motionless for a few moments, my heart nearly pounding out of my chest. Then suddenly, their marks turn blindingly bright before disappearing completely...and they both start falling backwards. I immediately catch Tempest in my arms, and her mother catches Alec before his head can hit the concrete floor.

"Tempest? Babydoll, can you hear me?" I call softly, and after a moment she stirs.

"Butch?" She whispers, her voice sounding tired. And I finally sigh in relief at the sight of her beautiful baby blue eyes looking up at me, blinking slowly as if she's fighting sleep.

"Goddess babydoll, you really worried me the last few days...please don't scare me like that again...okay?" I murmur as I bow my head so my forehead touches hers, closing my eyes while I deeply inhale her lavender and mango scent. I open them again as I feel her hand slowly caress my cheek, seeing the softest of smiles in her face.

"I promise mishka...I don't think I have it in me right now to argue..." She slurs, and I let out a deep breath.

"Just rest then baby, we can talk some more after you get some sleep."

"You too...I know you're exhausted too." She insists as her eyes start to drift close, and it's like the tiredness hits me all of a sudden. I silently debate with myself as I watch Zuzu curl up on a blanket in the sunshine.

"Take a nap with me Butch...I promise I'm not going anywhere."

I yawn as I pick her up in my arms, and make our way to the nearest empty bed in the next room. I'm too tired to argue myself at this point, and honestly I'm happy with getting some rest with my mate curled up in my arms.

Listening to soft sounds of her breathing, I close my eyes as the swirling thoughts of my mate, our pup, and the exciting future fills my dreams.

Tempest

It's been two weeks since I brought my brother back from the Spirit Plane, and a lot has happened in that amount of time...most of it within the first twenty four hours afterwards.

First was after me and Butch woke up from our overdue naps, when me and my brother reunited with our family...which was an emotional roller coaster in itself. After more reassurance that we weren't angry with him, Alec was immediately swarmed by my mother who was crying tears of joy, my father who was just as emotional even though he fought off the tears, and our ecstatic siblings Viktor and Dinara who hugged his neck so tightly I was sure he was suffocating.