Part Four. Chapter Eight. Michael

Clearly, my wolf and I had been separated from a pack for too long; I had forgotten just how close wolves could get to each other, taking in each other's scent, touching their brothers and mates frequently and without thought. Alex was a human, who had grown up along side of a pack, a pack who saw him as one of their own. But my wolf did not care for this, Alex was ours and these wolves were too familiar with what was ours.

My wolf had growled when the small werewolf had leapt on him, jealous of the unrecognised link between him and our mate, then nearly leapt at the monolith warrior who grabbed him, more from fear of the hurt our mate could suffer from his crushing hold, than any jealousy. The scent of the two men was so entwined, it was clear that they were mates.

But the third Male, the young Alpha pup, caused my possessive wolf to nearly challenge him, which was unwise considering how close we were to the pack's territory. Eric and I had informed the Alpha of the Townsend pack that we would be in the neighbourhood, but that we were just passing through for a couple of days. We refused to be seen as some sort of packless rogues.

"I would appreciate," I said, gruffly, trying to keep my wolf at bay. "If you would please let go of my mate."

The boy looked at me, his wolf rising to the surface as he considered whether or not I was a threat. His arm stiffened about Alex for a moment as he scented the air. His eyes then flickered over to Eric. I could glean what he was thinking. The scents of the strange tiger and wolf were completely intermingled, whereas Alex simply smelled as if he had been close to us. Eric and I were fully mated, Alex was still unclaimed. And on thinking that the impossible was impossible, he would dismiss my claims. Sure enough, his embrace became protective and he growled beneath his breath.

"Marcus," Alex tried to soothe the Alpha pup. "What Michael claims is true. He is my mate, Eric too." Those eyes began to flicker between us once more.

"Alex, I don't trust his claims," he stated, causing my wolf to growl audibly. "They could be using you. Clearly they are chosen mates, from their odd combination, what if they just want you as a notch on their bed post."

Eric hissed and yowled, his tiger surfacing in a very obvious way. His slitted eyes had turned yellow and even the black of his stripes could be seen etching across his red hair. "You ignorant dog," he hissed, angrily. "How dare you insult my mates!" Alex struggled in the boy's hold, trying to reach and soothe Eric as I snarled and released my aura. I had not been next in line to take over my father's pack for no reason.

Several whimpers could be heard around us, including ones from the small wolf, who had practically crawled into the safety of his mate's arms. "Marcus," the large man said, clearly unhappy, but he was not strong enough to do much more than try hold out against the pressure of two Alpha's. The pup's eyes narrowed, but he finally eased back, watching as Alex reached over to hold Eric's face in his hands and press his forehead to Eric's in an attempt to soothe him. It worked, Eric calmed and placed his hands over Alex's as he took a few deep breaths.

"As hard as it is to believe, Alpha-in-waiting of the Townsend pack," I said between grinding teeth. "Eric and I are Goddess blessed mates. We are also given the extra gift of becoming Alex's second chance mates. If you have your doubts, then I suggest that you speak with your father as he has already been informed of our situation."

Alex placed a kiss upon Eric's lips then reached for me, his arms wrapping around my back until he was pressed firmly  against me and I could fully savour his calming scent. He then turned to face the confused pup. "Marcus," he said, calmly. "These men are my mates. Even if you struggle to trust their judgement, you should trust mine."

Eric took out his wallet and placed some notes upon the table, before he bid the mated pair goodbye and slipped out of the booth. Alex clasped my hand and began to follow him, the remnants of our meal left cold and forgotten. It was a shame too, the steak was just how I liked it. The boy, Marcus whimpered an apology. "I'm sorry, Alex," he said, sincerely. "I just don't want you hurt and leaving me like last time. I was so worried about you."