Harry owns a candle business part 2

ii.

"You know," Y/N starts one day, when Harry is sat across from her clipping Mug's nails while she's fixing up to put the Scrabble board away. They hadn't even finished the game, getting distracted by Pretty Little Liars (which became a very regular thing for them to watch in their down time), "You've got very prominent nipples."

Harry snorts, peeking up at her while he's soothing a thumb over the top of Mug's paw, "You been staring at my goodies, then?"

"It's hard not to, really," she remarks, her eyes not set on them, "They're always poking out – like standing at attention, or somethin'. And it's one of those things where – like I want to press on it to see if it pops back up."

With a laugh, Harry rubs on his puppy's belly to give her a break – poor thing hates getting her nails clipped, he said – "Well, you can press into my nipples anytime you'd like."

"I'll hold you to that," she warns him, toeing at the carpet in front of her, "Did I tell you how my professor made someone cry?"

"You know," Harry murmurs, patting Mug off to go do her own thing for a little while, "You're always tellin' me about people you know," he scoots over to where she's at on the floor in front of the couch, "But never much about you. Wanna know about you – what professors made you cry, why you wouldn't pick poppy seed over chocolate chip, when's the last time you scraped your knee – all that sappy stuff." Y/N feels herself flush, like she's been given the microphone at a karaoke bar she'd not gotten drunk at yet, so the eyes on her felt like burning needles against her skin, "You're so open without being open," he continues, "It's mindboggling really."

Y/N shrugs, feeling her face warm up, and her shoulders deflate into herself, "M'not very – um – exciting? Maybe, that's the word." She explains, "Compared to your stories my life is super dull – how am I suppose to pass up you running out of someone's house naked, because you thought it was your own?"

"Heyyyy," he whines, "That's a secret."

Rolling himself over, he lies his head at her thigh with the rest of his body pressed up against the carpet. His hair fans out across her lap, as he looks up at her with eyes obnoxiously pretty and green, piercing and very enticing it almost makes her want to tell him all her secrets, "Dull is good sometimes," he picks off her earlier rebuttal, "Like – nice, innit? I'd like to hear more about it. You've been coming 'round here for ... how long has it been? Two or three months? All I know for certain about you is that you're terribly sweet, you're face gives away how you're feeling, and you say the cut stops hurting as long as there is a band-aid on it," With a grin, he finishes, "Now tell me more."

Sighing, Y/N lays her hand on his head before letting herself thumb at his nipple like she wanted to. Harry makes a noise – a really nice noise – but she draws her hand back up to his hair, twisting it around her finger and giving it a tug, "I cried once, when my history professor was convinced I hadn't turned in my midterm, but I had and the only reason he couldn't get it was, because his inbox was full – so he didn't take off any points, and then I stopped crying." She tells him, cringing almost at how boring it was to tell she couldn't imagine having to listen, "Poppy seed is good and all, I just really like chocolate chip – especially when its warm and the chocolate chips are kinda gooey and super sweet, I like that best." Her nose wrinkles – she think she might sneeze, but it passes and she's thankful. Didn't want to sneeze on his face, with an overwhelmingly fond look in his eye, "And last time I scraped my knee, I scraped both and my elbow, because I tripped over my own feet in a parking lot."

Grinning, Harry grabs for her other hand, messing with the bracelets on her wrist, "This is absolutely riveting, tell me more – what is your preferred detergent the one with the bear or Tide?"