Y/N is a phone sex operator and Harry calls a lot

i.

Harry really should have turned in at least three hours ago, but with his laptop rested on his lap and a continual spin of drama filled lifetime movies at his disposal – he just couldn't find it within himself to go lay down. It was break anyways – it wasn't like he had anywhere to be tomorrow, but sometimes his sleeping schedule gets out of whack and its hard to turn it back around when school starts back up and shit he should've went to bed sooner.

It was too late for that now though, so he stays at his spot on the couch, where the cushion dips in and his cat sleeps like a log besides him (a literal log; she was a hefty little thing). He wasn't even sure what he was doing on the computer, scrolling mindlessly through blog entries, sometimes looking up the actors in the movies playing, maybe thinking up a possible smoothie recipe and seeing if its already been done. It was a quiet, sort of boring Friday night, but Harry had been too knackered mentally to go out, so he opted to stay in for the night.

He hadn't gotten many messages really, just a few here and there from Niall going on about this girl he met and some messages from Zayn about how he tried drawing a tree earlier but couldn't so he drew Harry instead. He really hadn't expected anymore messages, until his phone lit up once more – another message from Niall which was surprisingly decodable (Harry knew he'd been drinking a bit). 'Call this number' and then a winky face, and Harry really didn't trust when Niall sent him winky faces.

It was an odd number, something that you would catch on TV probably, it hadn't even started with a proper area code. It could be a scam or it could be Harry calling to order a new mattress, or a nice pillow set – he doesn't know, but he's not doing anything anyways so why not give it a go? He really didn't feel like going to bed yet, and the worst that could happen really, was it'd be a bit extra on his bill, but if it's something to keep him preoccupied even for a moment Harry would take it.

So he dials and presses it to his ear, before the other end answers and it sounds sort of – like jazz, on the other line. He thinks – it's pretty much static at first, and he wonders absently if it could be Niall trying to clue him in on what he wants for his birthday, though it's months and months away. Niall was never one to start late, "The earlier, the better" he'd say, " 'cos then you 'aven't got an excuse to why I didn't get something amazing."

But then the music cuts out and a sultry voice asks him if he'll accept the charges. Did he send me to a bloody prison chat? Harry wonders for a moment, until he puts two and two together and realizes that most prisons don't play seductive saxophone music before they connect your call, so he figures he'll keep that dumb thought to himself when he interrogates Niall about his motives later on. He murmurs, "Yes," into the phone and the call clicks over, rings a few times again, and he hears one last click which means someone answered but they weren't speaking.

Harry counted to ten one thousands in his head, until he finally coughs and utters a, "Hello?" and he hears a noise on the other line – like a book dropping to the floor and then a cat's sharp meow and what the fuck did Niall send him to?

"Oh, sorry!" the girl says finally, though she sounded breathless and like she was fumbling around in her bed sheets, "Dozed off a minute, gimme like two seconds I – there are donut crumbs on my pants but I haven't eaten any donuts." she informs him, sounding genuinely concerned and Harry thinks that maybe whatever this is, is a bit mixed up. This girl – though her voice was lovely and soft and much resembled maple syrup pouring over warm fluffy pancakes – did not match the sensual sounding voice that asked him for money. He likes this voice better, he thinks, but he's still confused over what all of this is.

A passing thought brings up a sex line, but there's no way. Not with the anonymous meowing cat and donut crumbs.

"Okay, I'm all squared away, hello!" she starts again, "Uh, 'm a bit tired, so sorry if I'm a bit rusty. Was tryin' to study but then I sort of fell asleep and my cat was like – like she does this weird thing where she's on my knees and – you know what, actually, sorry you don't wanna hear about that." she huffs a breath through her knows, "Alright lets get to the phone banging."