Recount

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Knees were touching her chest, and her arms were wrapped around her legs. Fabrics of the bed didn't cover her; they only were wrinkled beneath her form.

On constant replay, his words continued on and on in her head. She couldn't remove them, nor did she desire to. They were music to her ears; they were like a soft lullaby, yet they kept her from sleep. Her lips were curled up in a small, embarrassed smile. After my work next Wednesday, join me for dinner. I'll be at The Fox's Garden at six in the evening. I'll see you then.

He hadn't asked if she could make it or not; he simply had told her where he would be and that he expected her to be there. Normally, she would've turned down such an invitation. With him, though, she overlooked his command-like delivery. All she could do was smile and recall that kiss.

Edmund had stayed after to finish the primer on her bedroom, but they hadn't talked until he had invited her to dinner next week. She hadn't minded the silence. If anything, she had been appreciative of it. It had allowed her to get her thoughts in order, but now her only thoughts were about next week.

She brought her knees close to her chest and hugged them tightly. By that point, her sheets were kicked to the end of the bed. Underneath her, they were all wrinkled. Her thulian pink, cotton nightgown barely was covering her lower half since it had climbed up her form from all of her movement. The sleeves were messed up too and were falling down her shoulders.

Thankfully, Edmund wasn't there to witness her in such a state. Her cheeks warmed up at the thought, and she rolled onto her back. She stretched her legs out some and curled her toes in the sheets. All of her hair fanned out around her head. (F/n) glanced around the room bathed in the night's pale light.

A happy huff parted from her lips. She couldn't sleep. (F/n) threw her legs over the side of the bed and stood up before she checked the clock. 2:00 am. A late night snack wouldn't hurt her, and she could watch some television and even fall asleep on the couch. That sounded relaxing for her mind, which was going through various scenarios of how the dinner could transpire.

Her hands came up to her cheeks and rubbed them a bit. All of those situations ended in another fiery, yet soothing kiss. The touch of his lips simply was too much. She still could feel the presence of them on hers. Back then, she had loved her ex, but they never had shared a kiss like that. It was such a cliché thing to think, but she couldn't help it.

That kiss made her lips desperately ache for another. Her lips felt like pudding waiting to be solidified and enjoyed by another. Touching her lips with her fingertips, she paused before she flicked on the kitchen light. Slowly, she dragged them down before her hands fell to her sides. She hung her head some and sighed. If she didn't distract herself soon, she probably would find herself calling him, and he most likely didn't want to be contacted at such a time.

Switching the light on, she adjusted her nightgown a bit before she opened the fridge. Nothing of interest caught her eye. She turned to her cupboards that held boxed snacks, canned goods and peanut butter. (F/n) didn't grab anything immediately since her attention shifted to her kitchen window. Across the street, there was another apartment complex. The apartment directly across from hers had lights on inside.