XXIV.

A/N: This chapter includes mentions of physical and sexual abuse, proceed with caution.

After they went inside the apartment, Seth locked himself in the bathroom, not speaking another word, allowing her to roam free.

Roam free in my own house, how terribly kind of him. I should express how thankful I am when I see him next. Sarcasm appeared to have replaced her common sense. Lovely, now she now functioned with complete ignorance of the risks involved.

At some point, after he'd regained his composure, he got out and came to sit on her bed, watching intently as she plucked a dress out of its hanger casually scrutinised it before humming in approval.

"What do you think you're doing, dearest?"

"I have a lesson to attend."

"Oh, you're going to have a lesson alright, but you won't need all that." He gestured at the clothes in her hands.

She froze but managed to keep her voice laced with some indifference. "No?"

"No." He confirmed, the sinister gleam in his eyes turning them warmer and darker. Much, much, darker.

The dark haired woman kept cradling the clothes close to her chest, using them as a shield of sorts. As if fabric could protect her from his devious plot. Who knows, perhaps he'd find a way to use them against her, use them to tie her limbs to the bedpost to keep her still while he played. Lord knows he'd enjoy the Hell out of it.

Seth must have read her thoughts as they swam around her face because his pupils dilated and his pants started to grow tight and uncomfortable.

"Come here." He patted the mattress, his eyes calculating and challenging.

Gwen hesitated. "Seth, honestly, I didn't plan to meet him, he just appeared out of thin air." She sighed. "He'll leave me alone, now just stop the interrogation so can I shower and go to class."

"Don't worry, baby. I believe you. You wouldn't lie to me. I know you too well to fall for your lies." She had just barely started to take a breath when he added, "But I don't trust him."

The dress almost touched the floor. Her fingers clenched around the fabric, not allowing it to slip out of her hands completely. "That's hardly my problem, don't you think?"

''Even if it isn't your problem, as you say, you're going to help me solve it. Now, come here. Don't make me say it, again." When he noticed her hesitation, he went on. "Unless you want him to find out about the rise and the fall of our dear Silas."

He gave her no choice.

Gwen closed the distance between them and took a seat next to him. His look of approval fuelled the wildfire brewing in her veins so, when she opened her mouth and spoke, the words came out resembling incoherent growls, half of the vowels not making it through her gritted teeth. "What do you need me to do?"

"Repeat after me. . ."