Chapter 38

We're almost at 100k reads :D think I might do something to celebrate when we reach it

______________________________________ 

"Alright team, I got my eye on the targets. I'll cover you from up her-- Hey Keith! I had that guy!" Lance yells from his position above us. I run behind Keith and together we take down the sentries . 

"They're still coming." Hunk yells. Lance uses his new sniper to shoot the keypad beside the door, and prevents anymore from running in. 

Keith, Allura and I have up our shields to protect Pidge as she hacks into the ships controls. Hunk peeks out form behind me and shoots some of the sentries.

"Pidge, could you maybe hurry it up a little?" He says.

"Almost...there!" As she says that, the ship and sentries all power down. 

"Great job, Pidge."

"That's the last outpost in the quadrant." I say.

"Call the Blade of Marmora. Let them know this base is clear."

~~~

Keith walks back into the control room after talking with Shiro. Yeah, Shiro came back after all this time. He was trapped and escaped a Glara ship. Frankly, he didn't look so great when we picked him up. His hair had grown to his shoulders, facial hair, was starving and dehydrated. The doors slide open and Shiro walks in. He has on new clothes and a....interesting hair cut. Maybe we shouldn't have let him cut his hair, but I'm going to keep quiet.

"Great job out there, everyone. You've really turned the tide on this war. I'm glad you never lost sight of the mission while I was gone." He says and puts his hands on his hips.

"You're looking better."

"How are you feeling?" I ask as I stand from my seat.

"Good. Just trying to get rid of this weird headache."

"Guys!" Pidge suddenly yells, I jump in surprise. "I think I have something here." We all swarm around Pidge's console.

"So, I downloaded intel from the Galra base we just defeated. I untied the quantum-folded encryption, and I found something on Lotor."

"Do you know where he is?" Keith asks.

"Well, not exactly, no, but the last three sightings of his ship have been in the Va'Kar quadrant."

"Nice work Pidge. Although, these quadrants are massive. How will we pinpoint his location?" Shiro asks.

"Hey, that comet is made of the same material as Voltron." Hunk speaks up. "Maybe I can scan the emission spectrum for Fraunhofer lines, like when I found the Blue Lion!"

"But you know those emissions are subject to free induction decay. Those are exponential drop-offs." Pidge said to him.

"Yeah, but if you find a way to amplify the sensors- no there would be too much interference. What if, instead, we increase the SA magnitude?"

"The spires of the castle!"

"Genius!" Hunk and Pidge get up and run out of the room.

"I have no idea what either of them just said." Lance says.

"Let's set a course for the Va'Kar quadrant while they get started on that detector. We need to work fast, who knows what Lotor has planned for that comet."

~~~

I hum a random tune as I walk down the hallways of the castle. I turn the corner towards the bedrooms, when I see Lance walk out of the room.