12: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 12

Both of our heads snapped towards the open door I saw Cameron, Jett’s little brother standing. He was smirking at us with his arms crossed across his chest.

“So,” Cameron said, directing his voice at Jett “this is the famous Sophie that I’ve heard so much about.”

Jett looked a bit embarrassed and uncomfortable as he stood up, climbing off of me while offering me a helping hand – which I gladly accepted.

As I stood on my own two feet, I dusted myself off and stood there awkwardly next to Jett as he semi-glared at his brother. “Weren’t you playing video games downstairs with Josh?” Jett asked.

In response Cameron just shook his head back and forth smirking at Jett. “Mom told me to come upstairs to do my homework so Josh could play by himself.” he replied.

“Then shouldn’t you actually be doing your homework?” Jett asked, slightly annoyed. The only thing that gave his mood away was the fact that the sides of his mouth turning up in a slight smile, showing that Jett was amused by Cameron and did love him.

“Well you see,” Cameron answered, walking slightly further into the room, “I was going to but then I had this amazing idea that I should meet the girl you always talk about.”

I blushed slightly as the kid walked over to me holding out his hand. “I’m Cameron, Jett’s younger brother.” he said, introducing himself as I shook his hand.

I smiled nervously at him. “Sophie.” I replied, introducing myself.

After Cameron let go of my hand he threw an arm around Jett’s shoulder, which was actually quite amusing to watch seeing as Jett was more than half a foot taller than his brother. He also nudged Jett with his hip and chuckled. “Way to go dude, I thought you were lying when you said you’ve been talking to a chick but I can see now that you were telling the truth. Good catch bro.” Cameron exclaimed, obviously proud of his brother.

Jett rolled his eyes while pushing his brother away from him. “Dude, she’s not my girlfriend or anything, she’s my friend and my partner for an English assignment.” he explained, throwing an apology look my way.

Cameron raised his hands in mock surrender. “Whatever you say bro, just make sure you shut the door next time you guys decide to get frisky on the floor.” he stated and not being able to hold in his laughter, he erupted in a burst of chuckles.

I blushed deeply at what Cameron had said while Jett tried to smack his brother, but before he could get a hand on him, Cameron bolted out of Jett’s bedroom.