Chapter 7

[ Monique ]

Terrified...

Weak....

Tired...

All in all I felt helpless. I was involved into something which I wasn't supposed to be. With just one act of kindness my life changed.

They say "you reap what you sow", now tell me...what evil thing/s had I done to experience all of these?

I never wanted this. I only thought of helping. Yet, i was a total idiot for not taking precautions or even think of the consequences for what I had done.

One night...

With that one night, everything came tumbling down. Why did I help in the first place? But, guilt would keep on haunting me if I let that man die on the street. I knew what I had to do and deep inside i know i was right...

But why...

I was confused and at the same time scared. Never had I imagined the existence of those creatures. Scientifically speaking, they don't even exist. I had studied for so many years and never did read even an article proving their existence. Sure, I did make fun of them and instilled on my mind that they weren't real. But here I am, choking at my own jokes about them. Here I am, in the middle of life and death.

They're real...

They exist...

From all the movies and books I've read I know how vicious they are. They hunt and kill...anytime they want and it pleases them.

Blood...

They'd do anything for blood. They are cruel. And based on what I witnessed, they really are.

There was a cracking sound and the place was. getting warmer. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed something a few feet from me.

Light...

Flames...

Campfire?

I looked around and barely noticed the surrounding. It was more like an old abandoned building. The walls were torn and there were vandalisms on every corner. I sat properly and noticed that i was sitting in a corner and was wearing something warm and thick. I don't think I owned this hoodie that I'm wearing.
There were pieces of broken wood scattred all over the place and not to mention some trash and broken glasses.

Crack...

Somebody was out there in the dark. The fire didn't help much and so was my blurry vision.

I was not alone...

I gulped up every courage I could muster and tried to say something but my throat was stuck, it felt dry and for some unknown reasons, I couldn't speak. I inhaled and exhaled deeply. "W-who's t-ttherree?",yes! I was at least able to say those words out. I pulled my knees closer to my chest and hugged them tightly.

Silence...

Shiver ran down to my spine. I was alone, in an unknown dark isolated place and i could hardly remember why I was here.

"Hh-hel-lo?",my voice was starting to shake. My body was drained and all my  energy had left me. I was totally helpless.

"Shut it!",someone hissed from the corner opposite to me.

I whimpered in fear. Somewhere in that corner, someone was there watching me.

I stayed silent hoping not to get killed by whoever it was that took me. I have learned so many things from the movies i've watched, so it's better to just keep quiet. I wished i was just dreaming. I wished i'd wake up soon. But now. I wasn't even dreaming. I hugged myself as tightly as I can hoping my knees and legs could protect my body as I drifted into a deep sleep.