Chapter 8

There was heavy breathing...

Heavy footsteps...

Someone was running...

I opened my eyes and saw a woman whose face seemed blurry. She was running and panting very hard it seems like someone was after her.

Dizzy...

I felt like I was swaying. She was carrying me. But why? Why are we even running? To whom are we running away from? What seems to be the problem?

She looked at me and whispered something...

"It's gonna be alright dear. Now, close your eyes. We're almost there.",she smiled though she looked so tired.

someone growled loudly. It was like an angry animal ready to slaughter anything it comes across and it was so scary.

"YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME FOREVER!!! I WILL DEFINITELY FIND YOU!!!",

Gasps.....

Where am I?

I place my hand on my chest and sighed in relief...i was dreaming...again. the dreams I used to have when i was a kid came back to haunt me again. Why is it happening to me again?

I winced as I move my arm and noticed that there was a needle and a tube sticking in it. I followed the tube and saw the Blood IV dripping slowly. I felt lightheaded and my wrist hurts. I looked at it and saw two tiny holes which seems to heal. I clutched my hair and closed my eyes for a moment.

I studied my surroundings carefully. It was a very spacious room. The only things inside was this massive bed, a small cream closet and a study table. The floor was covered with a maroon carpet and the ceiling and walls were yellowish in color which gave a bright aura. There was a door on the other side which seems like the bathroom door and  to the left from the bed were three huge dark blue curtains.

I leaned my back on the headboard and rubbed my temples.

What now...

The door suddenly opened and Leo went inside.

"Hey",he called to me as he went near and sat on the edge of the bed.

I smiled at him. He was a good looking vampire with a well built body. Surely many girls would beg for his touch.

"I'm sorry for what happened back there",he looked towards the blue curtains and sighed.

"He might be ruthless sometimes but trust me, he's a good guy. Though sometimes and idiot too",he smirked.

"Well, i hate to disagree with the idiot part",i replied which made both of us to laugh.

"Not bad...",he remarked looking at me.

"What?",i answered raising a brow at him.

"Not bad for a human. You could have just let him that way you know.",he was now staring at the cream silky sheet.

"No matter how rude he was to me, i just couldn't help looking at him in pain. Well just like you said, he's not that bad actually, well in fact he took me with him and I had to repay him for saving a mere human like me",and it was true. I think I would have died back there. Humans were no match for vampires and I can't even hold a knife properly.

"Doctor really suits you.",he smiled. "I wish I was as kindhearted as you. You have a pure heart Doctor Dawson",he remarked.

"Well, well, well, i've never thought i'd be praised by a vampire. What an honour!",i giggled and he chuckled.