XII

"So I'm sorry to my unknown lover,sorry that I can't believe,that anybody ever really,starts to fall in love with me

sorry that I can't believe,
that anybody ever really,
starts to fall in love with me."

'Why would she do that? She's our friend.'

Niklaus sighed as he looked at his sister, 'Bloody hell, Rebekah, it's been a week. People stab people in the back, that's what people do. She's just a pain the arse.'

Elijah slammed his book close, 'Never jump to conclusion, brother. People might surprise you.'

'You're just to smitten by the damned girl to see it, she's not worth you time.'

Rebekah looked up in surprise and glanced at Elijah, 'You like Zari?'

'I enjoy her presence, Niklaus is so incredibly ill-mannered to shout it from the rooftops.'

Rebekah started giggling, 'Elijah, coming from you, that's almost an "I love you".'

'I have no idea what you're trying to insinuate.'

'Why do you have to fall for the girl that isn't into commitment?' Rebekah asked, a sadness hinting her voice.

Niklaus rolled his eyes and left the room, leaving his siblings behind. Elijah frowned, 'She isn't?'

Rebekah looked at him in pity, 'You didn't know... Zari hates anything that ties her down, I guess I don't really know why. I'm sorry.'

'It's okay, I don't know what I expected.'

'You can still try.'

'Thank you, but I don't think I will be doing that.'

***

'Oh come on,' Elena groaned as she noticed the empty bottles in the trash, 'I get that you think Ric had it all sorted out, but his drinking issues definitely weren't charming.'

'I do barely anything sober these days, Elena. At least I don't send drunk text messages,' Zari replied as she sipped on her drink. Jeremy sat down next to her and grabbed the remote to change the channel and kept changing it.

'There's nothing good on-'

'Go back!' Zari yelled.

'The criminal named Ricardo Diaz started riots in Slabside Prison. Several guards died and nearly every guard ended up in the hospital. According to our sources, it could've gone much worse, if it wasn't for Oliver queen. My collogue is at Slabside Prison right now. Matthew, what happened?'

'Today Oliver Queen would be released, but Ricardo Diaz and him had a personal vendetta. Because of that Ricardo wanted to get back at him, but Oliver Queen was stronger. Ricardo Diaz died in prison and Oliver managed to save nearly all of the guards.'

'What do you think is going to happen now?'

'Oliver will be released as according to plan, we suspect he'll be spending time with his wife Felicity Smoak and his son.'

'Thank you, Matthew. Now, the weather.'

'Oh my god!' Zari exclaimed, 'He's out!' She jumped up and hugged Elena, 'He's out of prison!'

'You know him?' Elena asked confused.

Jeremy's jaw dropped, 'You know The Arrow?!'

'Who's The Arrow?' Elena asked her little brother.

'You really should watch the news more often,' Zari told Elena, 'He's a vigilante in Starling City. And he's a complete softie underneath all that: "You have failed this city"'

'You know The Arrow!?' Jeremy repeated.

'Yeah, he's a good friend.'

'She knows The Arrow,' Jeremy whispered to himself.

'Yes I do, but I've gotta call Felicity right now. I want to know how they're doing and if they need my help.'

Zari walked out of the room with her phone, Jeremy just stared at his sister. 'He's like... this freaking super ninja.'

Elena raised her eyebrow, 'Yeah... okay.'

***

'Hey Matt,' Rebekah said flirtatiously as she sat down in the Mystic Grill, she had finally convinced Elijah and Niklaus to come with her.

'Rebekah, how are you?'

'Good, thank you. I'd like a glass of water.'

'I'd like to have the same thing, please,' Elijah added.

'Same for me as well,' Niklaus finished.

Matt turned around, grabbing three glasses and placing them in front of them. 'Anything else?'

'Yes, how are the Gilberts? And Zari in specific?' Rebekah asked him.

Matt frowned, 'I don't really talk with Zari, but Jeremy can't stop going on about her. Apparently she's befriended with The Arrow. Quite cool, I have to admit.'

'Who's that?' Elijah asked him.

Matt started laughing, until he saw the confused faces in front of him. 'Oh, you really don't know... He's a vigilante, from Starling City, he fights all the criminals. He's been released out of prison recently.'

Niklaus's interest peaked, 'Prison, huh?'

'Yes, well, especially in the beginning of his vigilante thing, he killed lots of criminals. And that's against the law, he was arrested by the FBI. Most people believe he gave himself up, he'd been able to hide his identity for so long, he wouldn't just slip up.'

'And Zari knows that guy?' Elijah asked.

'Yeah, but really, that's all I know. I don't know how they met or anything.'

'And how's Zari acting lately?' Rebekah asked him.

Matt frowned and sighed, 'Eh... Well Jeremy said that she locked herself in her room for awhile. Lot's of alcohol seemed to disappear, she's having it hard with Alaric's death. But Elena and her seem to get along really well.'

Rebekah looked down, 'Great.'

'I'm sorry.'

She looked up at Matt, 'It's not your fault.'

'See, sister, she's besties with the doppelgänger. And all she will hear are the stories of what a bitch you are, Zari is not worth the time.'

Elijah glared at Niklaus and he embraced Rebekah, 'Zari is not someone who gets manipulated or influenced. She's stronger than that.'

'Are the both of you forgetting she's the reason mother tried to kill us?!' Niklaus yelled.

'There might be an explanation,' Rebekah argued.

'And what if there isn't? Ever thought about that?'