Ch. 20

Angelo.

I woke up with the worst headache anyone could ever think of. The sun creeping in through the window hit my eyes when I trued opening them and I shut my eyes immediately. Could anyone ever hate the sun? I think I read a poem like that.

"Ugh!" I groaned. What did I do last night? I couldn't remember much, well, I remembered what Jacob did and I also remembered kissing him back. Oh my goddess! Did I get drunk again?

I had to get up but my body wasn't having it. I stretched out in bed, feeling for the body that was next to me, only to sit up when he wasn't there.

Before you ask, yes, I knew what I said last night.

But where was Evan? This was so like him. What, we share a bed together and he just gets up and leaves without so much as a goodbye? What a jerk!

I finally managed to get up from my bed after pouting and thinking about all the ways I wanted to strangle Evan. Trust me, there were more ways than one to strangle a person.

I stood up and went to my locker to pick up a toothbrush, cursing myself for each step I took. With each step came a sharp pain in my temple. It was in these moments that I wished I was a werewolf. They never got drunk. Well, unless they drank something mixed with wolfsbane. But that was more harmful than good so...

When I opened the drawer to the brush, my eyes landed on a sheet of paper with the most impeccable handwriting I had ever seen.

"Went out for breakfast.
See you soon
x"

Oh! So that's where he went. Silly me. Well, you can't blame me for thinking what I thought. I mean, look at his track record. He wasn't necessarily the most trustworthy person.

I grinned widely at the note, bringing it up to my cheeks. A knock came on the door and I hurriedly went to open it, thinking it was open.

"What are you doing here?" I asked loudly and winced as my headache appeared suddenly.

"I came to check up on you. You run off last night" Jacob said.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, that's not my fault, is it?"

Jacob sighed. "I'm sorry" he began and then looked around. I did too. It was still early, guys were walking around in just towels, and girls in their robes. Everyone was getting ready for the day. I looked back at Jacob and he was staring at me suggestively. I rolled my eyes and moved aside to grant him entry.

"Nice place" he said.

"You've been here before".

"I know" he smirked. "Just trying to lighten the mood".

I only glared at him.

"Well, I just wanted to say sorry for last night and to see how you were doing".

"As you can see, I'm suffering from a major hangover".

"Wait really?" he asked, surprised. Why did he look so confused?

"If my headache is anything to go by" I replied.

Jacob looked even more shocked now. "So you're not one of them?" he murmured.

One of who? "One of who?"

"Um" his eyes snapped back to me. "You're not a werewolf" he stated.

What?

"I mean, we decided not to use wolfsbane just to find out. You're normal. Wow" he continued.

What was going on? "Jacob! What are you talking about?" I asked. He didn't really know, did he?

"Your family, you're all werewolves, right? Or supposed to be. I guess not, considering the Alpha's son is a puny human like the rest of us. Wonder what that's going to do to your family line though" he laughed. It sounded so evil and unlike the Jacob I knew.

"Jacob!" I screamed at him. "You did all this just to find out if I was a werewolf or not?"

"What did you think? That I actually liked you? For an alpha's son, you really are dumb".

"That's why you asked for my surname" I whispered, finally coming to the realization that I had stupidly given it out when Dad and Roger warned me not to. "You're a hunter".

Jacob just shrugged, as if what I said didn't affect him in anyway.

How could he be so evil? Hunters were such evil creatures. They were humans who went for anything supernatural to just kill, and sometimes, from what I'd heard, experimented on supernatural beings. I couldn't believe I had been friends with a hunter.

I hated myself for not seeing it earlier. I should have smelled it on him. But then, how could I, considering he was my only friend.

"Get out!" I snarled at him.

"You don't need to tell me. I can't believe I wasted my time with you", he said but didn't leave. I couldn't even look up at him for fear of not being able to control myself. I didn't want him to see me cry.

"You heard him, get out!" a new voice exclaimed with an authority so powerful that I couldn't help but look up.

Standing there was Evan's friend, looking so angry and his eyes glowing yellow.

Oh my god!

That was a werewolf.

He was a werewolf. Not just any werewolf, a leader.

An Alpha.